Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta HR unable to sync with iPhone, sync only with iPad.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have just upgraded to the Altra HR I am able to sync via my ipad air 2 but when I try to sync with my iphone 6 plus the phone does not locate the device.  I have deleted the device from the phone, switched off Bluetooth and switched it back on again.  I then tried to add the Altra HR to my I phone but again would not locate it, I then tried on my ipad and it was found straight away.  I then deleted the device again switched off and on again the Bluetooth on my phone, power reset my phone and then reset the fitbit, I then tried to again reload the fitbit to my iphone and again the phone just spun. Again tried on my ipad and the fitbit was found straight away.  Everything else is working but will I get message notifications from my iphone if the fitbit is not synced to it?  Seems to be a lot of people having likewise issues.

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @AnnC14, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Congratulation on your new Alta HR, thanks for your participation in the Forums and for letting us know the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. The reason your tracker is syncing with your iPad but not your iPhone is because your Alta HR has established a Bluetooth link with the iPad. At this moment I would like to suggest you to go to the Bluetooth settings on your iPad and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.

After that, turn off the Bluetooth on your iPad and try to sync your Alta HR with your phone, keep in mind that if you have already set up your tracker on your account, there's no need to set it up again when you use a new device. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep us posted in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @AnnC14, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Congratulation on your new Alta HR, thanks for your participation in the Forums and for letting us know the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. The reason your tracker is syncing with your iPad but not your iPhone is because your Alta HR has established a Bluetooth link with the iPad. At this moment I would like to suggest you to go to the Bluetooth settings on your iPad and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.

After that, turn off the Bluetooth on your iPad and try to sync your Alta HR with your phone, keep in mind that if you have already set up your tracker on your account, there's no need to set it up again when you use a new device. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep us posted in case you need anything else. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi there the fitbit is now working fine. The following morning I was able
to sync it and link the Bluetooth on my phone. As far as I am aware I didn't
do anything else but it was very frustrating.

Thanks for the reply and the assistance.

Ann
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @AnnC14, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply and let us know your issue has now been resolved and your Alta HR is now syncing. Smiley Happy

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes