Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta not syncing with iPhone SE

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've upgraded my phone yesterday and initially the phone (iPhone SE) could 't locate my fit bit, checked on my Fitbit account and it was syncing on their either.

Anyway I reset my Fitbit, turned phone on and off and Bluetooth on and off and it seemed to work. Woke up this morning and the same problem is happening again?? Help!!!!

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @SunsetRunner, thanks for taking the time to reply! 

By any chance do you still have your old phone? It's possible that your tracker is still connected to the old phone Bluetooth, which is preventing your Alta from syncing with your new phone. If that's the case, please:

• Go to the Bluetooth settings on your old phone and check if Alta is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  • Do the same thing on your new phone. 
  • Try to set up your tracker as a new device on your new phone once again. Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around and that you have a strong Wi-Fi signal or enough cellular data.

Please give this and let me know the outcome! 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Hello @SunsetRunner, I hope you're having a great day, it's nice to see you around. Smiley Happy

If your Alta is having trouble syncing with your iPhone, I would like to suggest the following:

1. Restart your Alta if you haven't done it yet. 
  2. Turn off the Bluetooth on your phone for 15 seconds, then turn it back on.
  3. Force-close the Fitbit app by double tapping the home button and swiping up the app, then open the Fitbit app and try to sync again. 

If these steps don't seem to work, let's try to set up your tracker as a new device to restart the connection between your phone and your tracker. Don't worry, this won't delete any of the information stored in your account so far.

To set up your tracker as a new device:

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  2. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  3. When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, having a good day thanks, hope you are too!

Tries both those options and neither worked. I've deleted the app, reinstalled it and disconnected my Fitbit but now it won't even recognise there's a Fitbit close by, it seems stuck on looking. I've tried turning my Bluetooth on and off but it doesn't help??

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SunsetRunner, thanks for taking the time to reply! 

By any chance do you still have your old phone? It's possible that your tracker is still connected to the old phone Bluetooth, which is preventing your Alta from syncing with your new phone. If that's the case, please:

• Go to the Bluetooth settings on your old phone and check if Alta is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  • Do the same thing on your new phone. 
  • Try to set up your tracker as a new device on your new phone once again. Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around and that you have a strong Wi-Fi signal or enough cellular data.

Please give this and let me know the outcome! 

Best Answer

Thank you so much, that's worked!! 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SunsetRunner, thanks for taking the time to reply and letting me know your issue has now been resolved, I'm very glad. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an iPhone SE as well. I am having no luck connecting my Alta HR.

I have:

reset my Fitbit by pressing the button on the charging cord 3 times.

deleted the app

restarted my phone

re downloaded the app

turned off the Bluetooth for 15 sec and turned it back on. 

Updated my phone to the most current iOS 

No luck! I am open to suggestions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Kimmer33, thanks for joining the conversation, it's a pleasure for us to welcome new members to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for letting us know the troubleshooting steps you've tried in hopes to resolve this issue on your side. I've reached out to our Support Team and it seems you have already created a case with them and they have provided you more options. At this moment, in case you need anything else I would like to suggest you to reply to them as they will be handling your case. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, have a great day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes