Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta not syncing with iPhone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi All
My fitbit has stopped syncing to my iphone app.

I've tried all the recommendations, resetting the fitbit with the charger, turning off bluetooth, restarting my phone, the app is up-to-date.

Still no luck!

Can anyone help?!

im lost without it.

Thanks in advance

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi there @Kirkyrunner, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

If you have already tried to restart your Alta and restart your phone without success I would like to suggest you to set up your tracker as a new device to reset the connection between your tracker and your phone. 

To set up your tracker as a new device:

• Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your Alta is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device. 
  • Restart your phone one more time. 
  • Restart your tracker once again, only this time, leave it plugged in and charging. 
  • Make sure you have a strong Wi-Fi signal.
  • Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices that might interfere with the setup process. 
  • Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  • Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  • When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

This was not helpful. All it did was forget my Flex 2 and now it can't find it. This is a problem on FitBit's end because so many people with so many different trackers are having the same issue. Thanks to this direction now my fitbit isn't connected at all!

Moderator Edit:
Format

Best Answer

Hello @Fyrgrl77, I hope you're having a great day, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

Thanks again for your patience and working through these troubleshoots! Keep an eye on your inbox for next steps to follow. 

Happy stepping. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes