Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta not syncing with new Cell Phone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I received a new cellphone for Christmas. I am trying to sync my Alta to my new phone using the APP. However, the Bluetooth is not finding the Alta. I have tried everything; I even forgot the device and tried again. My sister has a Charge, and she is experiencing  the same problems. Any advice?

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Kaybsweet and welcome!, it's nice to see new faces around. Smiley Happy

Fitbit tracker's don't connect directly through the Bluetooth on your phone, they connect using the Fitbit app and will show on the Bluetooth settings once they've been set up. If your Alta is unable to set up, I would like to suggest the following:

1. Restart your tracker and keep it plugged in and charging
  2. Restart your phone
  3. Check on the Bluetooth settings of your old phone for Alta, if it's there, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  4. Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around that might interfere with the setup process.
  5. Try setting it up once again:
    • Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account tab at the bottom of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
    • Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
    • If the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.

I hope this can be useful, feel free to reply in case you need anything else! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @Kaybsweet and welcome!, it's nice to see new faces around. Smiley Happy

Fitbit tracker's don't connect directly through the Bluetooth on your phone, they connect using the Fitbit app and will show on the Bluetooth settings once they've been set up. If your Alta is unable to set up, I would like to suggest the following:

1. Restart your tracker and keep it plugged in and charging
  2. Restart your phone
  3. Check on the Bluetooth settings of your old phone for Alta, if it's there, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  4. Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around that might interfere with the setup process.
  5. Try setting it up once again:
    • Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account tab at the bottom of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
    • Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
    • If the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.

I hope this can be useful, feel free to reply in case you need anything else! Smiley Wink

Best Answer

My AltaHR links to the phone, prompt for the 4 digit code on the tracker's display, and then hangs up saying "connecting...".    Help? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @CanadianBerryGi, thanks for joining us, it's always a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have joined the conversation and let us know your Alta HR is having trouble setting up with your account. I'll be happy to help you out but first I would like to gather some information from you so I can check this further, please reply with as much information as you can:

1. iPhone model you're currently using. 
  2. OS version running on your phone
  3. App version currently installed on your phone (go to Account > Help to get it)
  4. List of troubleshooting steps you've tried so far.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting to hear from you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Need fitbit app for fitbit zip

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Kodabear8, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Robot Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for posting your question. Please note that if you're using an iPhone, you will be able to find the "Fitbit App" in the App Store in your phone. Now, if you're using a Mac computer, please download the Fitbit Connect Software to set up and sync your Fitbit Zip. 

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else we can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes