Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Notifications not coming to phone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I have a Charge HR, iPad Air 2 and iPhone 6s. All of the app settings are identical in the iPad and iPhone but notifications from the Fitbit app are only arriving on the iPad and none at all to the phone. I presume that Fitbit notifications can go to more than one device so any suggestions where I have gone wrong please?
Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

@JayDeee That is strange, you can definitely receive push notifications on more than one iOS device.

Are you still not receiving push notifications on your iPhone? If so, I'd recommend double checking to make sure you have them turned on in your iOS settings.

Also, I'd make sure that you have mobile notifications turn on for your Fitbit account too.

Keep me posted!

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
Still no notifications to phone, still coming through on iPad :(. They are switched on in phone settings and in my Fitbit account.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@JayDeee Do you have call notifications set up on your iPhone? If so, there's a chance that the Bluetooth bond between your tracker and your iPhone is preventing from syncing to a second mobile device. This is a known Bluetooth limitation and could be the root of the problem. 

If you haven't already tried, I'd recommend the troubleshoots listed here.

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes
Interesting help page, thank you. Strangely, the phone has had no problem syncing, I have got call notifications set up and that works too. Tbh, I'm not too worried about syncing and notifications on the iPad so I have changed Bluetooth settings to forget the device and have turned Bluetooth off. I've set all notifications to both mobile and email for the time being (so the emails will let me know if I've missed them!) and will now wait and see where the notifications go. May have to set myself an easy goal to make a notification happen! Will let you know how it goes. Thanks for your help. 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes
Bwaaaah! Only notification so far today came to the iPad and not the phone (and no emails either). Have now logged out and closed app on iPad, don't know what else to try.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have exactly the same problem, and have only found this thread because i am searching for a solution.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I never really resolved this, but as I only really want the notifications to my phone and not iPad, I just never logon to the app on iPad, just viewing it on Safari if I want to.
Best Answer
0 Votes