Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App is saying Bluetooth is off when it's currently on.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The Fitbit app claims the Bluetooth is off on my phone... my phone claims it is on and paired to my Fitbit.

this has been an on going battle since the last app update. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hello @Meregrotta, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have brought this to my attention. When the app is saying the Bluetooth is off on your phone, please swipe up to show Control Center, turn off the Bluetooth here for 10 seconds, then turn it back on. Go back to the Fitbit app and swipe the screen down until the tracker starts to sync, this will remove the message. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

No that did not work, I tried that before posting to the forum.  It had worked the previous two days it happened.  I eventually got it to behave by a full reboot of my phone.  Not something I want to have to do on a regular basis.

I'll keep you posted if it persists.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Meregrotta, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply and let me know you have already tried the steps I've provided earlier. 

Did the message appeared again after you restarted your phone? If the issue persists, please reply to me with the following information so I can check this further:

• Phone model you're currently using.
  • OS version running on your phone
  • App version currently installed (go to Account > Help) to get it. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

i woke up to this problem on my Fitbit one.  please help.

Phone Model is iPhone 6s

OS is 11.3.1

app version is 62.50 (760)

please help quickly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @DANTAKESSTEPS, I hope you're having a great day, it's nice to see you around. Smiley Happy

Thanks for reporting this issue, I appreciate you have sent information about your tracker and phone. Tell me, have you tried to turn off the Bluetooth here for 10 seconds, then turn it back on, then going back to the Fitbit app and swipe the screen down until the tracker starts to sync? If so, please let me know. 

In the meantime, I'll forward your information to our team so they can take a better look at this situation. Once I have more to share with you about this issue, I'll make sure to update this thread accordingly. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The same thing is happening to me. Also I haven’t been able to connect to get my messages or phone calls come to my Fitbit Alta HR from my IPhone or Samsung, but particularly my IPhone. 

Has anyone found a solution?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @PurplePearl, thanks for joining the conversation, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have shared your experience. Please note that if you're currently syncing with 2 different devices, it's possible your Alta HR has established a Bluetooth connection with one of your phones, which might prevent you from receiving Notifications from the other one. At this moment I would like to suggest you to go to the Bluetooth settings on your phones and remove the Alta HR from the list. Then, set up Notifications on the phone you would like to link to the Alta HR.

Now, about the banner you're receiving. I would like to suggest you to restart your phone and open the app again, if you're still seeing the banner, please uninstall the app, then reinstall it back and check if the banner shows again. If it does, please let me know.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, give it a try and keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes