Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App login problem

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello.
My wife and I both have Charge 2 and iPhone 5SE.
Both devices and Fitbits worked well until recently.
My wife cannot get the App to work on her phone.
Tried updates to iOS.
Tried updates to App
Tried a suggestion on the forum.
None of them work.

At the login screen it allows you to enter email and password then the dial spins and stays there.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Bernie.

Best Answer
0 Votes
15 REPLIES 15

@Berniethebike first I'll start of with a disclaimer,  i know nothing about ios, but my thoughts is the app might be having problems contacting the Fitbit server.

In any case I have moved your post to the iOS area since it is not a hardware question being asked. This will expose your question to the iOS guru's 

Best Answer

@Rich_Laue Thanks for moving this post to the iOS boards for greater visibility.

@Berniethebike Thanks for stopping by the Community. Many users have reported seeing an infinite spin when trying to log in when the time on the phone is set manually. To resolve this issue on your wife's app, please do the following: 

1. Double tap the home button on your iOS device. Your open apps will show on your device's screen.
2. Close the Fitbit app by swiping the app image in an upward motion.
3. Open the Settings app from your iPhone home screen.
4. Tap "General."
5. Tap "Date & Time."
6. Ensure that "Set Automatically" is ON.
7. Reopen the Fitbit app. 

Hope this helps! 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

I have same problem ... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Gaia0000 What type of iOS are you using and are what are you seeing when you log in? Is there an error message? 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

@KateFitbit wrote:

@Rich_Laue thanks for moving this post to the iOS boards for greater visibility.

@Berniethebike Welcome to the Community! Thanks for stopping by. Many users have reported seeing an infinite spin when trying to log in when the time on the phone is set manually. To resolve this issue on your wife's app, please do the following: 

1. Double tap the home button on your iOS device. Your open apps will show on your device's screen.
2. Close the Fitbit app by swiping the app image in an upward motion.
3. Open the Settings app from your iPhone home screen.
4. Tap "General."
5. Tap "Date & Time."
6. Ensure that "Set Automatically" is ON.
7. Reopen the Fitbit app. 

Let me know if you're unable to log in after trying these steps.

Thank you KateFitbit. This worked for me

Best Answer
0 Votes
iOS 10.3.2
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks. The 'set automatically' solution worked!! 

What a great community this is! 

Best Answer

@Gaia0000 Thanks for getting back to me. Are you an error message or an infinite spinner when trying to log in? Does the tip here help?  

Best Answer
Error : oops ... something whent wronge
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Gaia0000 glad to hear back from you. That's interesting. To confirm it's not a password issue, are you able to login to our website at www.fitbit.com/login? Thanks for your patience with this. 

Best Answer
Yes I Can login at the web site

BR
Per
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for this! I haven't been able to use my phone to check my fitbit for about a month. Now I can log in again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ladyflip Welcome to the Community! Happy this worked for you. 

@Gaia0000 Unfortunately at this time, I don't have a solution for the error message you are receiving. Our engineers are aware of this issue.Though I don't have a timeline for a fix, I will continue to review this and keep you updated on any solutions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi ,

MY fitbit do NOT work without acces to a phone. Please tell me what to do
????
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Gaia0000 I'm sorry you're still experiencing this issue. 

Please keep an eye out for future app updates that may help resolve this issue. In the meantime, while not ideal, I'd recommend syncing to a computer or another mobile device. 

Best Answer
0 Votes