Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App never Able to Synch

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Everytime I ask the app to synch my Fitbit it never can complete it. I have turned Bluetooth on and off, the phone on and off even deleted the app and reinstalled. This is ridiculous and I don’t have time for this! A day ago I found out it hadn’t synced for a week till I did all those fixes and now today back to no synch. This app has been failing for at least a year when is it going to function correctly and fully. Even when it does synch it takes forever….. 

Dawn
Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

I know this is not the answer you want but maybe the information will help. I am a blind user, who is never seen the face of his tracker and relies on my iPhone, using voiceover screen reading software. It is very frustrating when the screens do not update. Years ago, Fitbit took away the option to have automatic update, and stated it was no longer necessary. Right now I’d use three different Messages methods to re-sync my information. First, I tried the synchronized button on the home screen located near the bottom of the page  And this sometimes works but in order to get it to work, you may have to do the sink 345 or more times. I also use the three finger swipe to update and from the top of the screen I will do the three finger white multiple times, just to ensure that the data  Updates fully. This seems to be more reliable, but I cannot say that it is full proof. The third method I use is to click on applications/devices in the upper left-hand corner click on my tracker and then scroll down to the synchronize now button. As you probably probably know, now  I hit the synchronized now button 34 maybe five times before I exit and go back to check my data, single or double synchronize now or pull to refresh does not always seem to work. In previous versions of the Fitbit iOS application, voiceover screen, reader users were not able to use  The pool to refresh feature. Again I know this is probably not the answer you wanted to hear, but it is the workaround that I have found to keep my information updated. I have dictated this on my iPhone and hope you will be able to understand my ramblings . 

Best Answer

I have the same problem watch no longer syncs with phone since 16 Oct 2023 update

Best Answer

My Charge 5 stopped syncing on October 14. So frustrating! I’ve tried everything I can think of and nothing has worked.

Best Answer

Hi Lizzil, I deleted the app on my phone and reinstalled it. It seems the Bluetooth connection was playing up too - now it is working all good.  

Best Answer

When my Charge 5 gets wonky, I can usually get it to sync if I plug it into the cable and computer USB port or charge block. Do the 3 button reboot and reboot 3 times in a row. 

Best Answer

I am having the same issue! Syncing active zone, exercise hours and hourly activity stops working. So frustrating- 3rd time in a week!!

Best Answer

I tried all of the things mentioned in this thread (thank you so much for all the tips/ideas!) and ended up having a 45 minute chat session with a Fitbit rep. They had me do all of these same things multiple times but nothing worked. I need the new firmware but there’s no option to download it. I ended up having to do a factory reset and I lost some data.

Best Answer