Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App not tracking steps and not syncing correctly.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The app isn't tracking my steps for certain days of the week. It will track Sunday's steps and another day's steps, but the other days are not being recorded in the app. This has happened twice. I wear this FitBit Alta everyday.

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello @RaeSiah, thanks for joining us, it's great to see new faces around the Community! Smiley Happy

Are you able to see the step count on your tracker? When did you start experiencing this situation? Have you had any syncing problems during this time? First, I would like to suggest restarting your Alta and sync your tracker. Please remember that your Alta can store up to 7 days of minute by minute data and if you're not able to sync for a couple of days, once you do, the information from the previous days will be displayed on the app. If you're having trouble syncing, please check @HelenaFitbit's excellent tips and recommendations that have been proven to be very helpful for many members in the Community. 

If you're able to sync but the information is still not displaying, please go to your online Dashboard and check if the information is being displayed there. If it is, it's possible the app is not updating the information correctly, which is why I would like to suggest the following:

• Force-close the app by double tapping the home button on your phone and swiping up the app.
  • Log out from the app, restart your phone and log back in.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes