Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App says iPhone 6s is no longer compatible

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The app says that my device is no longer compatible and that I need to update the app in order for this to change. There is no new update - I have the most up to date version of the app from the App Store - how can I fix this? 
Anyone else experienced this issue?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @ClareBMC. Welcome to the Community.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and making sure to have the Fitbit app updated. This sounds odd as the iPhone 6S appears in the compatible devices list. To work on this together, please give a try to the following steps:

1. Log out from the Fitbit app.
  2. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  3. Reboot your phone.
  4. Open the Fitbit app and log back in.
  5. Then sync your Fitbit and check your details.

If you continue seeing the same message, please take a screenshot and attach it in your reply so I can investigate.

I'll be around, keep me posted.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @ClareBMC. Welcome to the Community.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and making sure to have the Fitbit app updated. This sounds odd as the iPhone 6S appears in the compatible devices list. To work on this together, please give a try to the following steps:

1. Log out from the Fitbit app.
  2. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  3. Reboot your phone.
  4. Open the Fitbit app and log back in.
  5. Then sync your Fitbit and check your details.

If you continue seeing the same message, please take a screenshot and attach it in your reply so I can investigate.

I'll be around, keep me posted.

Best Answer

Tried your steps and seems to have fixed the problem for now, thanks!

Best Answer

Hi @ClareBMC. It's always great to see you here. I'm sorry for the delayed response.

That's fantastic news! Thanks for taking the time to try the steps suggested above and I'm glad they worked for you. In case you have some spare time, I’d like to invite you to visit our Health & Wellness where you will find great tips and make new friends.

If you need anything else, don't hesitate to reply back. 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

It seems that Fitbit has to be restarted quite often to work properly with the Iphone app. You never know when it will happen. Usually it happens with me when I start a training pass. To restart you have to connect the Charge with the charging cable to a PC/Mac. Normally I don’t walk around with both the charging cable and my Mac when I want to have a training pass. That is an extra hassle with owing a Fitbit. So if you can afford it, buy an Apple Watch. It is well worth the time you save compared with troubleshooting your Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s important to keep your iPhone iOS updated to 12.2 or higher. Have you checked this, @Reistad ? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My OS is 13.3.1. Up to date.

Best Answer
0 Votes