Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery dies suddenly/ fails to sync after recharge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For about 7 six days, the following has been happening with my flex: 

I charge it to full charge, then within 4-8 hours (usually around 5000ish steps), the tracker goes dead while I'm at work.  I sync to my ipod, but I keep the autosync off as it runs my ipod and tracker battery down too fast with constant syncing.  When I get home, I recharge the tracker, but when I try to sync, I get "looking..." with no success. 

1. Sometimes, 3-5 resets in a row kick the tracker into gear; that's worked about 60% of the time. 

2. With no immediate success, I have done the recommended steps:   turned bluetooth off/on (never works), rebooted the app on ipod (never works), deleted and reinstalled the app 3x on ipod (never works), turned ipod off/on (worked once), turned ipod on/off after immediately reinstalling the app.  (never worked). In desperation, I deleted my device... it took two days to get the app to find it again.

3. I spent an hour with customer chat on Saturday going through all the same steps...that was when it couldn't find the device again.  I emailed the issue and received a reply to ... do all the steps that didn't do any good before. 

4. Once I get it to sync - by miracle more than plan, apparently - it will work for a day or so, then die again within a few hours right after a full charge.  EVERY TIME this "sudden death" occurs, it takes many restarts to get the device to sync, and some nights I can't get a sync at all.  On two occasions, logging into my account on my pc, I have seen steps logged for a day when I could not sync at all, so the app WAS syncing, but I was getting a "looking" message the whole time, with no data showing on the app. 

The chat rep told me Saturday that there had been "some issues around this". 

Has anyone else had the same problem?  There seems to be a definite connection between the battery dying suddenly/failure to sync as once syncing occurs, it works continuously...until the battery crashes again. 

I think there is a firmware/app-related reason for the battery crashing, as I usually get about a workweek of battery life off a charge, but now suddenly the battery dies within hours some days and lasts all day on others.  Even after charging overnight, it has died suddenly. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Same exact thing happens to me.  Works for a couple weeks fine...then the battery does the same thing, and I have all kinds of trouble...not syncing, time

@TracyI wrote:

For about 7 six days, the following has been happening with my flex: 

I charge it to full charge, then within 4-8 hours (usually around 5000ish steps), the tracker goes dead while I'm at work.  I sync to my ipod, but I keep the autosync off as it runs my ipod and tracker battery down too fast with constant syncing.  When I get home, I recharge the tracker, but when I try to sync, I get "looking..." with no success. 

1. Sometimes, 3-5 resets in a row kick the tracker into gear; that's worked about 60% of the time. 

2. With no immediate success, I have done the recommended steps:   turned bluetooth off/on (never works), rebooted the app on ipod (never works), deleted and reinstalled the app 3x on ipod (never works), turned ipod off/on (worked once), turned ipod on/off after immediately reinstalling the app.  (never worked). In desperation, I deleted my device... it took two days to get the app to find it again.

3. I spent an hour with customer chat on Saturday going through all the same steps...that was when it couldn't find the device again.  I emailed the issue and received a reply to ... do all the steps that didn't do any good before. 

4. Once I get it to sync - by miracle more than plan, apparently - it will work for a day or so, then die again within a few hours right after a full charge.  EVERY TIME this "sudden death" occurs, it takes many restarts to get the device to sync, and some nights I can't get a sync at all.  On two occasions, logging into my account on my pc, I have seen steps logged for a day when I could not sync at all, so the app WAS syncing, but I was getting a "looking" message the whole time, with no data showing on the app. 

The chat rep told me Saturday that there had been "some issues around this". 

Has anyone else had the same problem?  There seems to be a definite connection between the battery dying suddenly/failure to sync as once syncing occurs, it works continuously...until the battery crashes again. 

I think there is a firmware/app-related reason for the battery crashing, as I usually get about a workweek of battery life off a charge, but now suddenly the battery dies within hours some days and lasts all day on others.  Even after charging overnight, it has died suddenly. 

not right.  It is happening right now.  I finally was able to add the device again, but it still will not sync, and now the time is off.  Ugh...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has anyone  been able to get support on this problem?  It is happening to me also.

Best Answer

My battery has been dying faster than normal. I charge it one night and by the following night it’s already at medium. Help!!

Best Answer