Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug - Alta reporting data incorrectly. (IOs App)

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I biked and walked for about 4 miles y'day. It showed 9K+ steps when I saw it before the sync and then once I synced it ,it went back to 5013 K steps. This is weird because I saw this happen for the first time.

Also I have snap shots to prove that the data reported was incorrect . Look at the miles : 3.96 and look at the step count :  5013 ( Oct 02) .

Screen Shot 2016-10-03 at 4.58.08 PM.png

Look at today's data (Oct 03) , miles : 2.77 Steps : 6553

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi there @Testuser, welcome aboard to our Community. By looking at your numbers it seems a bit odd in my opinion. Although, I can assure you that there is no way that your steps synced a lower amount of what you saw on your tracker. Once the information has bee recorded cannot be removed, not on its own at least.

However we cannot discard the possibility, so I recommend to try a restart on your Alta:

1. Plug your charging cable into a USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clasp the other end of the cable to the port on the back of your Alta. Alta will begin charging.
  3. Press the button on your charging cable three times within eight seconds, briefly pausing between presses. The button is on the end of the charging cable that is plugged into your computer. 
  4. Eight seconds after the first button press, you'll see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This means Alta is restarting.
  5. After you see the logo you can unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

Also it would be pertinent to update your stride length on your Account Settings, to improve the accuracy of the distance. This other post will provide you more information regard stride length.

Hope this helps, don't forget to let me know how it goes.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes