Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calorie over estimate

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there ,

i have had my charge 3 for a couple of days. I did 11,000 steps yesterday (no exercise ) and it calculated that I burned  2,900 calories. I have just woken up and it’s calculated 500 calories lost in my sleep. That can’t be right ?

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

I think you may not be taking into account your BMR calories.

As well as tracking calories burned through activity your fitbit also tracks your BMR calories. These are the calories you burn just keeping your body alive (even when asleep). They are calculated from your profile settings for age, height, weight etc so you needn't be wearing your fitbit to get them. What you are seeing in the morning includes the total BMR calories burned since midnight

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was aware you lose calories during sleep but didn’t think it would be so much! My BMI is 27. I have just driven for 2 hours and I have managed to lose 400 calories .  Does this sound right ? Is there a way to calibrate the Fitbit ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's hard to say if it's right as it depends on your age, weight etc.

I burn 1440 calories per day with just my BMR calories and for a lot of people the BMR calories form the majority of their total calorie burn

The only way to calibrate it is by changing your profile settings. You can check yours here: https://www.fitbit.com/settings/profile

Best Answer
0 Votes