Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calories Left Too Low At Start of Day

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This may or may not be a repeat topic here so if it is apologies because I didn't see this in a search.  Normally when I check the app and the website dashboard during the day I get an available amount of calories that are at least 1200 or more when I first log in a meal.  Today both the website dashboard and the Fitbit app are telling me that I can only eat 711 calories for the entire day and that I was hundreds of calories over my calories after eating the first meal.  Has something changed with the way colories left are calculated and do I need to change that in order to get the numbers back to where they were?  I'm trying to get back into tracking my stuff again and it's kind of disheartening to see things messed up like this.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Chibihalo Smiley Very Happy! Nothing has changed as far as I know my friend. 

As you know, the calories left are predicted by how many calories Fitbit thinks you will burn for the rest of the day. So, at that moment in time, you were already meeting your deficit and Fitbit estimated you would burn ~500 more calories, thus could eat those calories. As you continue to move and sync that activity during the day, that amount will go up accordingly.

I'd recommend checking if your Fitbit app is up-to-day, once it's updated just try logging out and logging back in.

Let me know if this works!  

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes