Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calories burned and deficit discrepancy.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My "calorie board" says that I have eaten 1067 cals and have 1375 left, I have burned 2162 cals today and have registered a 500 calorie deficit. Why is the app telling me that I have more calories left in my budget when the total is more than I have burned? I am not going to loose weight like this.. 😕

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Hello @Charlotte9, thanks for joining us, it's great to have you on board! Smiley Happy

This situation seems very odd, could it be possible for you to go to your online Dashboard and send me a screenshot of your Food Plan and your Calories In & Out? That will be very helpful for me to investigate this further. 

Thank you for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting for your reply! 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

Hi @MarcoGFitbit

I have not used the online Dashboard before, only the app - I checked now and the online Dashboard seems to be correct. Therefore I have attached a picture of the app dashboard, as you can see I have eaten 1285 calories and burned 2094 calories. The app says that I now have 722 calories left to eat but if I add up the calories (1285 + 722 = 2007) that leaves 87 calories if I´ve got this right? So it does not seem like the calorie deficit is included.. Fitbitjpeg.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is doing the same thing! 

I have an extra 210 calories. It counted my breakfast twice and when I deleted it , it kept 210 calories with everything deleted 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarcoGFitbit - I can see now that the online dashboard has synced and now also have the same numbers. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Jmacsix, have a warm welcome to the Community, it's nice to see new faces around. Thanks for taking the time to reply @Charlotte9, I really appreciate it. 

@Charlotte9, thanks for letting me know that your online Dashboard and the app have synced and are now displaying the correct information. I'm very glad.

@Jmacsix, if the calories are not updating correctly on the Fitbit app, it's possible that the app is not updating as it should, which is why I would like to recommend the following to refresh the information:

• Force-close the app by double tapping the home button and swiping up the app.
  • Log out from the app, restart your phone and log back in. 

If the calories are still not updating correctly, please let me know so I can check this further.

I hope this can be helpful, let me know the outcome! Smiley Wink

Best Answer
Thanks that solved it!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Jmacsix, I hope you're doing well! Smiley Happy

Thanks for taking the time to reply and letting me know your issue has now been resolved. I'm very glad. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members.

Happy stepping! 

Best Answer

@MarcoGFitbit, the information is the same as the app but the numbers are still wrong. I do not understand why and what I am doing wrong here.. 

Best Answer
0 Votes