Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calories burned are incorrect/inconsistent within app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Charge HR and it has been working very well for the first few months I have had it. Recently I have found that the calorie count on my tracker seems to be very high. From the Calories Burned part of the app, when I tap on the graph to see more detail about calories burned, it shows a very different toal. See below screen shots of calories burned from yesterday - one shows 3319 and the other 2711. Which is correct? 

IMG_1163.jpgIMG_1164.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

@emilyrtanner98 A warm welcome to the Community! Thank you for the screenshot that you attached. In this case, I would like you to restart your phone and log out of the app and force quit it. Also, make sure that you have the latest app version which is 2.23.1.

Let me know how it goes. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just saw almost the same problem, except the second picture like the one above had more calories than the first instead of less.  This was puzzling because when I was entering food during the day, it would show I had lots of calories left but once I was past midnight and entering the last few foods, it would suddenly show I was way over.  Today, I was sure it said my calories out was about 2300 calories and it even did the little green celebration thing to show I met my goal.  Now it's suddenly only 1974 and that I have not met my goal.

Before June 1, the numbers look fine.  Between June 1 and June 5 (yesterday), when I click the double arrow to expand the graph for the day, it shows something 300-400 more calories burned.  For example, on June 1, it shows 1962 calories in most of the app, but when I expand the graph, it shows 2322 calories.  On the website, it shows 1962 calories.  Before June 1, I met my calorie burn goal every day; since, I haven't met it twice.  I don't think I cut back my activities that much.

Doing some quick arithmetic shows my baseline of 20 calories / 15 minutes for 24*4 intervals / day gives a total of 1920 calories.  Assuming some rounding, I'm beginning to suspect it's not including any calories beyond the baseline.

Logging out and force quitting the app didn't help.  Calories burned when I expand the graph for Monday shows 2416, but otherwise it shows 1974.  I do have the most recent version of the app -- 2.36 now.  I hadn't noticed this problem before.  I do use both a Fitbit One and HR (the latter just while I sleep because I have sleep apnea) as I have for months or a year or two now.  I only noticed this problem in the last week or so.

Best Answer
0 Votes