Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calories from exercise not showing in calories burned.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Today I entered a stationary bike ride on my iphone fitbit app.  It logged correspondinf calorie for the ride under “impact on the day” but it is not showing in the overall calories burned.  Never had tjis happen before. I know i burned the calories but it is important to me that my fitbit device knows it too. Haha

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Tinkerbell9, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. It seems the app is not updating the information correctly, as you mentioned the calories are showing up under "impact of the day" but not on the overall calories. At this moment I would like to suggest you to try the following:

• Force-quit the app by double tapping the home button on your phone and swipe up the app. 
  • Log out from the app, restart your phone and log back in. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
19 REPLIES 19

Hello @Tinkerbell9, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. It seems the app is not updating the information correctly, as you mentioned the calories are showing up under "impact of the day" but not on the overall calories. At this moment I would like to suggest you to try the following:

• Force-quit the app by double tapping the home button on your phone and swipe up the app. 
  • Log out from the app, restart your phone and log back in. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks so much!! That did the trick.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Tinkerbell9, I hope you're having a great day, thanks for taking the time to reply and let me know your issue has now been resolved, I'm very glad. Smiley Very Happy

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
The Fitbit guru told me to reboot. That fixed the issue. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Tinkerbell9, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply and let us know your issue has now been resolved, I'm very glad. Smiley Happy

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did that but it didn’t sync -I logged 20,200 steps and it said that was 2043 calories however yesterday i did 19222 and it logged 2430 calories. Could that have been the type of activity?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am so tired recently of FitBit not working properly.   I am having a time now because it is not logging all my calories.   I have done 3 miles and it tells me 948 for the DAY!   I have deleted, then started again, then did a reboot and it still is not working!

Best Answer

I came here for the same problem. Unfortunately, this fix didn’t fix my Fitbit. I’ve been up for almost 12 hours, went to work, have walked close to 2000 steps there, and it’s still only registering I’ve burned 105 calories??? Haha

Like the original poster, I know I’ve burned calories, but I want my Fitbit to know it too. This is the first time it’s done this in the year I’ve been wearing it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue too and the fix didn't fix it. Hello please.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Help please.

Best Answer

I’m having the same issue and was wondering if you resolved yours and if so what did you do to fix it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having the same issue. It is super frustrating. I have tried shutting down the app and reopening as well as logging out and re-launching, but nothing seems to be recording my calories burned during my work out.

Best Answer
Ironically I am having this issue today! Very frustrating. I too have tried all the fixes but Fitbit still thinks I burned zero calories during my bike ride. Maybe Fitbit is having issues?? Sorry I can offer no new solutions

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

I’m having the same problem. I’ve also tried deleting the app and reinstalling it but still no luck. Sounds like this is a Fitbit problem rather than an individual user problem.

Best Answer

It’s not convenient but if you log your exercise manually on the website rather than using the app the calories burned during exercise are recorded properly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It hasn't worked for me either. Just did 12k on a stationary bike, my watch said 400+ calories burned and the app says 13 calories burned for spinning.

Best Answer
0 Votes
For several weeks I just entered my exercise on my dashboard on line. Then poof like magic the app was working again. I truly think this is a Fitbit software issue

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. Just did a 900 calorie hike/run that shows up in exercises. But total cals for the full day is 1200 and the calories by hour graph is completely flat with No sign of exercise or other activity. (I also had a “sport” earlier in the day) None of the “fixes” here worked

Best Answer
0 Votes

My app and watch show I did exercise (spinning) it recorded my heart rate but zero calories burnt on both watch and app 

Pls help!

Best Answer
0 Votes