Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calories not adding correctly in iOS app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Calories I’m adding appear as being consumed but don’t seem to add in the app. For example, I’ve entered 582 calories, all listed correctly, but in the app they’re coming up as ‘226 calories in’. 

There also seems to be to be an issue calculating total calories consumed VS how much left for the day. So typically if I’m consuming 1,800 for the day (on a goal of -500 daily calorie count) it will tell me I still have 400 or so (roughly) left to consume, even if I have only burned 1,900 calories. 

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

@LachC83 - 

I can only speak to the "calories left" question, but the answer there is that the app is building in the current-to-the-minute burn and the remaining burn for the day at your BMR.

My BMR is approximately 1.2 calories a minute or 72 calories a minute hour. So, at 9:15 pm I have 72 * 2.75 =  198 BMR expected burn for the rest of the day. Add that to my reported burn so far of 2,470 you get 2,668.

Subtract my hoped 500 calorie deficit and you get 2,168.

Subtract my reported intake of 1,829 from 2,168 and you get 339.

My app says I have 333 calories left - - - pretty darn close, wouldn't you say?

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @LachC83, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. It's great to see you too @MrMarv, thanks for your insight about this situation. Smiley Happy

@LachC83, I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. Tell me, when you mention the calories you're adding, are this calories from food logs? If so, please reply to me with a screenshot of the logs you've entered so we can check this further. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting to hear from you.

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,

Please see 2 screen shots below. The first has all the calories entered and
the second has the total the app gave.

Cheers
Best Answer

Hello @LachC83, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have come back to us, unfortunately it seems the pictures you attached to your reply didn't some through. Please follow these steps and add them again. 

Thanks for your patience, I'll be waiting for your next reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,

The issue seems to have been fixed in the update that was released for iOS
this week.

Photos below:
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @LachC83, I hope you're having a great day, thanks for taking the time to reply and let us know that after updating the Fitbit app the issue seems to have been fixed, I'm very glad. Smiley Very Happy

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

There was an iOS update which came out a few days after the post which seemed to clear up the issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @LachC83, thanks for coming back and let us know the iOS update helped resolve this issue on your side. As always, I appreciate your participation in the Forums and would like to wish you a great day.

Happy stepping! Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes