Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not set up device on new iPhone8

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just purchased a new apple iPhone 8 recently had a 7 and I cannot get my Fitbit blaze to set up on my new phone.  It won’t even recognize it on Bluetooth. It’s like it doesn’t exist.  I have deleted app, re-installed, turned Bluetooth on and off. Reset Fitbit...nothing good working.  Getting frustrated as it seems useless...love tracking and logging my workouts on the app, but can’t . Help would be appreciated. Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I actually ended up messaging customer help and they got it to work for me on their end.  Give that a try. It was fast and easy.  

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

I am having the same problem. and have done same exact things. delete app, re install. turn on/ off bluetooth. un reconize my charge 2. then reconize it. fit bit it having the issue now with new ios 11.4 update showing my bluetooth not turned on. this has bern going on for 5 days. doing everything i have been told to do with no avail. 

Best Answer

I actually ended up messaging customer help and they got it to work for me on their end.  Give that a try. It was fast and easy.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Krouss and @TanithG, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board! Smiley Happy

@Krouss, I appreciate you have come back and let us know your issue has now been resolved after messaging our Support Team, I'm very glad! Smiley Happy

@TanithG, thanks for bringing this to my attention and for letting me know the troubleshooting steps you've already tried in hopes to resolve this issue. If you're receiving a message that Bluetooth is turned off when it's really on, please swipe up to open Control Center, then turn off Bluetooth for 10 seconds, turn it back on and swipe down repeatedly in the Fitbit app until your tracker starts syncing. If this doesn't seem to work, please force-quit the app and try again. 

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ugh. I Have been trying for three days to get my new iphone 8 to register with my fitbit to no avail.  All I get is "oops - something went wrong" .  I have tried every fix posted and just got off the phone with customer service.  All customer service could tell me was "well I will let the engineers know but just try again on another day."  Are you kidding me?  Try again?  That is what I have been doing for three days!  Time to get an apple watch...ugh

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had called customer service and they were very helpful and were able to
fix it for me over the phone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Do you know who you spoke with?  Maybe I need to call and try again.  Hopefully there is someone helpful there but it certainly wasn't the woman I was on the phone with for 15 minutes.
Best Answer
0 Votes
No sorry dont recall as it was quite some time ago now .
Best Answer
0 Votes