Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps not syncing with challenges.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi!

So my Fitbit Flex is not syncing to my work challenge. What should I do?

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject + Format.

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @Lizet, I hope you're doing well, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community! Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that your step total on your challenge isn't updating. Below are possible reasons for this issue: 

1. Your steps have fully synced to our database but you're not viewing the mobile app dashboard in Live Data Mode. (Live data mode would show the word "connected" under your tracker tile). 
2. You manually logged an activity. Steps from manually logged activities do not count toward challenges; only steps recorded by your tracker or MobileTrack are counted toward challenges. 
3. You used MobileRun to track GPS data with your app. Only steps recorded by a tracker or MobileTrack are counted toward challenges. 
4. All challenge participants are not in the same time zone. 

Please keep in mind that is also recommended to wait 15 minutes after syncing your Fitbit data to see if your challenge updates.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

several people at my agency are experiencing the same problems. I noticed for my own account and device it continues to sync the steps from my flex 2 to my personal step count (I tried removing mobile track to verify that wasn't overwriting anything), but states that my last recorded steps towards the agency challenge ended March 11, tho our challenge began on the 12th. I have not manually logged any activity. I've tried re-installing the app, and rebooting my phone, tho there does not seem to be any problem with my device connecting with my phone or app. If some challenge participants are out of the time zone it might be a matter of a handful out of several hundred people. I'm an administrator for our agency fitbit dashboard, so I've even downloaded up to date reports and can verify that no steps have been recorded for me towards the challenge. I don't want people to be discouraged. Please help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @dspan, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have already checked the suggestions provided in my latest post. At this moment we've received similar reports of personal steps not syncing correctly to challenge steps, and have escalated the issue to our engineering team. While I don't have a timeline for resolution, our team will continue to investigate these discrepancies.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, in the meantime, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am suffering this same issue and I have carried out the following

• Restarted phone twice, phone is iPhone XS max
  • Reset blue tooth
  • Disconnected and restored Charge Fitbit

Each time I have done this the challenges update to that point and then stays on that count

I did test using phone counter and challenges updated to that count, 4k less than my Fitbit & what the app was reporting

very confusing

Best Answer
0 Votes