Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't change language on Fitbit app on iOS12

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Whatever I try, it's impossible to change the language of the Fitbit app.

The language remains in Spanish while I set it to Nederlands(English).

It seems there is a bug in the iOS 12 version of the app.

I tried all suggestions I could find but to no avail.

When will a new version of the app be released to fix the problem?

Cheers,

Harry

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Dutch (Nederlands) is the default language on my phone. 2nd is Spanish and 3rd English. Switching the order of Spanish and English did the trick. Now I hope this change doesn’t propagate to cause problems elsewhere...

It it would be better (IMHO) to not rely on the order of the languages. The language should be selectable if it’s in the list.

Anyway, thanks for your help as it seems to work now.👍

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hello @HarryM2018, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to have you on board the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for letting us know about this issue. Tell me, which troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? If you change the language to a different English version, does it still gets reverted to Spanish? This information will be very helpful for me to check this further and determine what we should do next. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting to hear from you. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I switched “Automatico” off and tried to set the language manually. I tried various languages. It is stuck on spanish.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @HarryM2018, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply with the information requested. Smiley Happy

Please note that the Fitbit app's language is set automatically taking the language on your phone. When I mentioned to change the language to a different English version I meant changing the language on your phone, I sincerely apologize for the misunderstanding. At this moment I would like to ask you to go to your phone Settings > General  > Language & Region and make sure iPhone Language is set to English. Also, make sure that under you list "Preferred Language Order" English is the first on the list. 

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply again. 

Best Answer

Dutch (Nederlands) is the default language on my phone. 2nd is Spanish and 3rd English. Switching the order of Spanish and English did the trick. Now I hope this change doesn’t propagate to cause problems elsewhere...

It it would be better (IMHO) to not rely on the order of the languages. The language should be selectable if it’s in the list.

Anyway, thanks for your help as it seems to work now.👍

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @HarryM2018, I hope you're doing well, thanks for coming back and let me know your issue has now been resolved, I'm very glad. Smiley Happy

We really appreciate our members's input and feedback and I would like to thank you for yours. Our team is always looking to improve the Fitbit experience. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you've come across, in case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why is the language of the Fitbit app connected to the language of the iPhone? Why can't I choose the language on the Fitbit app regardless of the language of my phone?

Up until recently I had my iPhone in Dutch, but the Fitbit app in English (which I find much better than Dutch).

It makes no sense to me that Fitbit restricts my choice of language in the app by linking it to the mobile language. I would rather go back to the previous situation where I could see my result in de app in English. It should not be difficult because the different languages are already there.

Best Answer
0 Votes