Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't download Fitbit app on iPhone 5

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I really wanted to use the notifications features on my new charge 3. However when I try and download the Fitbit app it says I need iOS11. I checked and apple are not updating iPhone 5 anymore past ios10. What can I do? The Fitbit site clearly states iPhone5 Is compatible. I can't  even return it as i had to cut the box to get it out. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello @RanjuP and a warm welcome.  I did a little searching and found this information.  When Fitbit released version 3.00 of the app, it requires iOS 11.  This notice came out on July 2.   Here is a link to that release note.  According to the note, you need to download v 2.95 to use your iPhone 5.

I don't know if I can help you, but I did find this article that helps you download older versions of the app if your device is limited to iOS 10 and can't upgrade to iOS 11.  The article is from last year, so I hope the advice is not out of date. 

I hope this helps you.  It is frustrating to get stuck in this position where published information is not current.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes