Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find advanced setting in the Fitbit app

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I do not have the gear icon on today screen nor can I find advanced settings. Just purchased Versa 3

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Ben_randle   You can't change the 12/24 hour clock setting on the mobile app.  You must do this using the web dashboard at fitbit.com.  Log in using your same username and password.  Tap on the gear icon in the upper right, then Settings in the drop down.  The clock setting is in the Advanced Settings on that page.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Hi @Barbsversa - There is no gear icon on the Today screen on the Fitbit phone app ... at least not on my iPhone. To find settings from the today screen, tap Account. You will see a lot of setting options there. You can also see options for your individual device by tapping Account > Versa 3.

Which settings are you looking for? And which phone are you using? I’d be happy to offer more specific instructions.  

Best Answer

Hi there @Barbsversa, welcome to the Community Forums. 

I'm wondering the same as @SunsetRunner. Plus, have you tried what she just recommended? In the Account tab you can find all settings for Versa 3.

While we wait for your response, I suggest taking a look at the following help articles:

I've moved your post to the iOS App board for organization purposes. 

Hope that helps. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Hi, I am facing the same issue. I want to adjust my stride length. Using inspire 2

Best Answer

I am having the same issue I want to change the clock in my charge 3 to a 24 hour clock instead of a 12 hour clock but I cannot find advanced settings

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ben_randle -  @bugdoctor - @Barbsversa 

Please tell us which Fitbit devices you have and which phones or iphones you have them linked to. Check to make sure your phones have been updated to the latest OS or iOS.

With that info, I should be better able to help you. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ben_randle   You can't change the 12/24 hour clock setting on the mobile app.  You must do this using the web dashboard at fitbit.com.  Log in using your same username and password.  Tap on the gear icon in the upper right, then Settings in the drop down.  The clock setting is in the Advanced Settings on that page.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer

Thank you so much for this tip - I’ve recently bought an Inspire 2 and spent ages trying to figure out how to change the clock to 24hour setting, as advance settings doesn’t appear on my profile on the mobile app.  Going on the web dashboard allowed me to change my clock settings to 24 hours 👍

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem. There's no gear icon there's no advanced settings and there's no stride change. How does FitBit expect us to like this app if they keep changing things

Best Answer
0 Votes

@bradyman   This post got slightly hijacked.  My post that got marked as a best answer has nothing to do with the original question.  Some users are looking for the gear on the mobile app, but that’s on the web dashboard.

You mentioned stride length.  Tap tap your profile picture > Activity & Wellness > Exercise > swipe up to find Stride Length.

Fitbit DID change the mobile app for the better.  You can finally change from a 12 to a 24 hour clock on the mobile app.  Tap on your profile picture > App Settings > Clock Display Time.

I hope this helps.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer
0 Votes