Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't join challenges in new iOS app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I updated my app to the new dashboard version and now it won’t let me created any new challenges.  It says I’ve reached my active 10 challenge limit.  I have 8 expired challenges and only Two that are currently active.  I can’t delete the expired ones so how can I create new challenges?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Amanda
Best Answer
17 REPLIES 17

@Kauffie Welcome! It's great to see you around! 

Let me help you with your Challenges on your Fitbit app. To troubleshoot this please log out from the app, restart your phone and log back in. Also try using a different mobile device if you can to see if you can accept challenges there.

Let me know how it goes.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AlvaroFitbit wrote:

Let me help you with your Challenges on your Fitbit app. To troubleshoot this please log out from the app, restart your phone and log back in. Also try using a different mobile device if you can to see if you can accept challenges there.

Let me know how it goes.

@AlvaroFitbit Unfortunately that did not work for me.  It still says I’ve reached the max number of challenges.  I also tried it in using an iPhone 8 and it also isn’t working there either.

Amanda
Best Answer
0 Votes

This is still a bug that needs to be fixed. I have 3 active challenges and 7 that ended on a Friday that are being counted towards the 10 Active total.  I will attach screenshots 

Amanda
Best Answer

The bottom of this shows “Active challenge limit reached” where I should be able to create a new challengeThe bottom of this shows “Active challenge limit reached” where I should be able to create a new challenge

This shows I have only 3 current active challenges and the rest are over.This shows I have only 3 current active challenges and the rest are over.

Amanda
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the exact same problem. Telling me I have reached my limit but I know I haven’t as two finished on Monday. So frustrating! As I run a Fitbit group purely for challenges and I can’t set them up!! 😡

Best Answer

Same issue only have one active challenge, and getting the same error:)

Best Answer
0 Votes

I cant start a new challenge either. Just got my neices fitbits and we can't even Dona challenge together. Like come on ! What's going on here?  Is it trues that you can only be in 5 challenges now instead of 10.  Who authorized that !! Should be fired!

Best Answer

I do t think 5 is correct, I had more than 5 active yesterday. All completed and results out, except one that had friends who hadn’t updated, and can’t start another. 

The “workaround” going through trophies is only a partial hack as it doesn’t give me access to solo adventures etc. 

The reason a lot of people go with Fitbit over other devices is the challenges!!!

Could have saved ££££ and went with  mi 4 if I had known this feature was so bugged 😞

An response from Fitbit on this error and intended fix would be appreciated 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AlvaroFitbit wrote:

Let me know how it goes.

This “fix” doesn’t work for me, or would seem doesn’t work for anyone 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

I contacted Fitbit support. There answer was to cancel the challenge. How do you cancel a challenge when the challenge has finished and it doesn’t give you that option 

I’m now having to end a challenge like valley loop as soon as I see a winner so I am able to set another one up. 

But that is hopeless when it comes to workweek hustle as you never know the winners until it’s completely finished, then the option to cancel is taken away. 

They told me to rematch! But I don’t want to rematch as I change the people in the groups around so we are not always competing against the same people. 

Before the update this was never the issue. 

Best Answer

@Johato wrote:

I contacted Fitbit support. There answer was to cancel the challenge. How do you cancel a challenge when the challenge has finished and it doesn’t give you that option 

I’m now having to end a challenge like valley loop as soon as I see a winner so I am able to set another one up. 

But that is hopeless when it comes to workweek hustle as you never know the winners until it’s completely finished, then the option to cancel is taken away. 

They told me to rematch! But I don’t want to rematch as I change the people in the groups around so we are not always competing against the same people. 

Before the update this was never the issue. 

So basically there response, was try to workarounds!

Not sorry we know the software is not working as intended, and we are working on a fix?

Best Answer
0 Votes

87B49186-B964-4124-86FA-E15FE3E7DCDE.png

This was there reply. Really helpful!! Not!! 

Best Answer

🙈 suggestion / request 

Software that works?

Best Answer

At least in the old version you could find he challenges,I can not even find them??

Why do companies change things when nobody was complaining

Barbara

Best Answer

Hi everyone. It's great to see you participating in the Forums. I'm sorry for my delayed response, and I'll continue working with you.

I appreciate your sharing detailed information about the issues experienced with the Fitbit app. I understand how you're feeling about this since I also enjoy to participate in challenges with my friends. Our team has been receiving feedback about this situation and just to confirm, have you tried the steps posted above along with force quitting the Fitbit app? If so, please provide me with the following information to further investigate:

• Your phone's model.
  • iOS version. You can check this by going to your phone's settings > General > Software Update.
  • Verify if the Fitbit app is updated to the 3.3.1 version.
  • The amount of challenges that are active at the moment you get the "limit reached" message.

@Johato, thank you also for taking the time to contact our Support Team, and sharing the information provided by them.

@Kauffie, I appreciate the screenshot showing the message displayed in the app. Since you've completed 3 challenges out of 10, please go to the Fitbit app, tap on one of the finished challenges > Options > Quit challenges. Then try joining to a new challenge to see if that works.

Keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Once challenges have finished the quit button disappears. The only way to quit is to do so before the challenge finishes. Which is a bit pointless as you then can’t complete the challenge.
As for force closing the app, as of yet! That has never worked.
Phone is all up to date with the app.

Just don’t understand why it couldn’t stay how it was, where you could have 10 completed challenges and still be able to set up 10 new ones. Instead of this waiting 2/3 days for challenges to clear before setting any new ones up.

I run a group with 70 people in, that want to do challenges. I wasn’t able to set up 7 groups of workweek hustle until this morning even though they finished Saturday. When I use to set them up straight after the others completed on a Saturday lunchtime. As I don’t rematch as they like to go against other people. I also set up a Pohono trail and Valley loop which takes me too 9 the 10th one is a valley loop that finished 2 days ago but I’m unable to quit it too make it disappear. So now having to wait for it too go. As it’s telling me I have 10 challenges running when in fact I only have 9. This is a right pain.

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

This problem has still not been resolved! 

Today I have two weekend warriors running. 7 workweek hustle that finished yesterday. Total of 9. Yet it will not let me set up anymore challenges. 

Technically I should be able to set up 8 more different  challenges. 

When is this going to be sorted?! 

Best Answer