Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't log in to my Fitbit app

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Yesterday as I went to log something on the app I noticed that I had been logged out - I had not done this. I tried logging in and it said my password and username were incorrect so I hit reset password and tried again - still nothing. I restarted my phone, updated to the new iOS(15.2), turned on/off bluetooth, and even reached out to customer support. And still I cannot log into my app... my password and username have no spelling errors. Anyone else with this problem?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I was finally able to log in! I’d like to share in case anyone else needs this. 

I have an iPhone with the new iOS software 15.2 and a versa 1. What worked for me was this sequence:

- uninstall Fitbit app from phone 

- restart iphone

- reset wifi and log in on phone

- turn on/off bluetooth

- reinstall Fitbit app

- reset password and log in on browser with your new password

- go to app and accept to use bluetooth

- put log in details and hope for the best! 

hope it helps anyone who was also in my situation. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Hi there, @Lyb77. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot this issue before posting here. 

I would like to suggest you to go to your phone Settings > General > Date & Time and make sure Set Automatically is enabled. Then, force-close the Fitbit app by double tapping the home button on your phone and swiping up the app. After that, try to log in again. 

If you continue having syncing difficulties, please see Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

I've moved your post to the iOS App board for organization purposes.

Hope this helps. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

yes unfortunately I already tried to trouble shoot with this one too after reading the other community boards and it also hasn’t worked. 

thank you for your suggestion and moving it to the right location. Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated. 

thanks,

Lacey

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Lyb77 My pleasure!

Well, would you mind making sure in the Fitbit app on your iPhone you're clicking "Log in" instead of "Join Fitbit". If you're clicking "Join Fitbit", that would explain why you're not able to log into your Fitbit account.

Keep me posted.

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Maria,

Thanks again, yes unfortunately I’m doing that too - clicking log in. And I get this error response each time. 

“please check that your email and password are correct” which they are because I’ve just reset them! I can try again… with all the trouble shooting ideas but nothing seems to work. 

best, 

Lacey 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was finally able to log in! I’d like to share in case anyone else needs this. 

I have an iPhone with the new iOS software 15.2 and a versa 1. What worked for me was this sequence:

- uninstall Fitbit app from phone 

- restart iphone

- reset wifi and log in on phone

- turn on/off bluetooth

- reinstall Fitbit app

- reset password and log in on browser with your new password

- go to app and accept to use bluetooth

- put log in details and hope for the best! 

hope it helps anyone who was also in my situation. 

Best Answer

@Lyb77 Awesome! I'm glad to hear you managed to solve the issue. Thank you so much for sharing the steps that actually did the trick for you. I've just marked your last response as the Best Answer. Marking a topic as solved will also make it easy for other Community participants to locate valuable content and answers without having to read through an entire topic. 

I would like to invite you to visit our Health & Wellness where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members.

Have a great day! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes