Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't open any tabs or log exercise in the app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello, my fitbit is not opening any of the tabs in the app so i am not able to log exercise or see a break down of my data. If I delete the app on my phone and re-install will my data be saved?

Thanks

Charlotte

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Charlotte28.

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing that you can't open any tabs in the app, log exercise or see details of your data. Thanks for trying to resolve this and I am here to help. I understand your concern and would like to advise that you shouldn't lose any data if you uninstall/reinstall the app. I recommend to sync your device before doing it. 

Upon checking with our Support team, I was told that you have already contacted them and that they were able to help you. Thank you for your time and efforts.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

What was the solution? All my tabs in the Fitbit app are grayed out and I cannot log exercise or look at leaderboard on challenges, log water, etc. 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Emclem.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing that you're experiencing the same issue. I appreciate the additional details, I am glad to assist you with that. I recommend to force quit the app, try to log out/log in and restart your phone. If the issue persists, please uninstall and reinstall the app. I recommend to sync your device before doing it. 

Keep me posted on the outcome. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I used to the live chat to troubleshoot the problem. I deleted the app and reinstalled from the App Store and I have had no issues since and all my data was still there. 

Best Answer

Hi @Charlotte28, thank you for your reply. 

Thank you for confirming that you resolved the issue by deleting the app and reinstalling from the App Store. I appreciate your time and efforts and hope you continue enjoying your device without any issues.

Have you checked our Discussions board? There you can share your story, find some fitness tips, recipes and more! Give it a look!

Keep on visiting the forums! I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Charlotte - had the same problem. Saw your comment and that sorted it. Cheers. 🍺🍺🍺

Best Answer

I am having the same issues. I have reset my Versa 2. I have removed the app. I do not know what else to do.

Best Answer

SAME ISSUE AGAIN!!! This keeps happening. I just reinstalled the app 2 days ago and her I am again on my walk and the tracker in the app failed went back to the home screen and none of tabs (activity, sleep, heartrate etc) work!  I will have to reinstall AGAIN!! Fix this!! This so annoying and unproductive!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @rawjonkeys @Txpilot. It's nice to see you again in our Community Forums, @JasonB-UK. I am sorry for the delayed response.

@JasonB-UK I am glad to hear you resolved the issue by following the steps shared by @Charlotte28I appreciate your participation in the Forums and your comments. 

@rawjonkeys thank you for joining the thread and sharing that you're experiencing the same issues. I appreciate your troubleshooting efforts. Upon checking with our Support team, I was told that you have already contacted them and that they were able to assist you. Thank you for your time and efforts.

@Txpilot thank you for joining the conversation and sharing your experience. I understand that this is very frustrating, I appreciate your efforts to resolve the issue and your feedback. Our team is always working on improving our devices and user experiences, and your comments are always welcome. 

Could you please provide your phone's model and OS version? Does it happen only when you track your exercises? This information will be helpful for further investigation. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Support,

Yes, it seems to only happen to me when I’m tracking an exercise. After 2-3 days of using it will fail mid tracking and then none of the detail view tabs work. I have to delete and reinstall to get the functionality back.

OS version and equipment pic attached.

Best Regards,

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Txpilot, thank you for your reply. 

I really appreciate your time and the additional details, thank you for your efforts to provide a picture. I have forwarded your comments to our team and hope this error will be resolved soon. I recommend to keep the app up-to-date as the updates come with new features and bug fixes. Your feedback and comments are greatly appreciated.

I'll be around if you have any questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

When you go to delete the app it sats all data will be lost. 

Best Answer
0 Votes