Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send private messages

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Cheer and Taunt work Message does not. Existing friend message threads can be continued, but only by scrolling down through random ordered conversations. Please get rid of tracker-less friend requesters and let us encourage sincere users. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Master of Radiculopathy
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

If you can get the update from the Apple store it may help The latest Fitbit App version I see requires iOS13.4 or later. To find your App version 

Tap your user icon at the top left of the Today screen.

On the Account page scroll down and tap "Help & Support"

Your iOS release is at the top (mine was 3.47 (ignore this number normally) with the error on iOS15.1) it is now 3.48 after today's update and the error is corrected.  @NorfolkReg @3amp @CindyMFitbit @SunsetRunner @SunsetRunner @SunsetRunner 

Master of Radiculopathy

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
36 REPLIES 36

@CityLion Thanks for stopping by. 

Thanks for taking the time to share the difficulties with the message button on the Fitbit app. I understand that this can be very frustrating. To work on this together, may I know the model of your phone and the OS version? In the meantime let's try the following: 

1. Log out from the Fitbit app.
  2. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  3. Reboot your phone.
  4. Open the Fitbit app and log back into your account and review if the messages button is still not responding. 

See you around. 

Cindy|Community Moderator| Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I can’t send messages to friends on my Fitbit Application, i hit the message icon on my friends profile & nothing happens.  How can I resolve this issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @JackieS1968

Thanks for the details shared on your post. To work on this together, may I know the model of your phone and the OS version? In the meantime let's try the following: 

1. Log out from the Fitbit app.
  2. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  3. Reboot your phone.
  4. Open the Fitbit app and log back into your account and review if the messages button is now responding. 

See you around. 

Cindy|Community Moderator| Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution!
Best Answer
It’s still not working…when you do that!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Welcome! It's great to see you around @aolsen928

Thanks for letting me know that you are experiencing these difficulties with the Fitbit app, could you please confirm the model of your phone and the OS version? 

See you around. 

Best Answer
iPhone 10 and ISO 14.8
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@aolsen928 Thanks for the response.

I appreciate the additional details. Our team is working to identify a resolution to this issue as quickly as possible. I am sorry for any trouble. I appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

I've merged your post to this thread for more information. 

See you around.

Best Answer

It’s still not working 

Best Answer

I have the same issues on my iPhone XS with iOS 14.8.  I shut down FitBit and my phone, restarted my iPhone and still cannot sent messages to new people. 

Best Answer

Thanks for your reply @JackieS1968. It's nice to see new faces around! @Rich_MD

Thanks for taking the time to share what you've experienced and for the troubleshooting tried prior posting. I've forwarded the information to our team and they are working to identify a resolution to this issue as quickly as possible. Thanks for your efforts while working on this matter.

See you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, have you managed to sort this problem, I’ve got iPhone12 and can’t send messages, deleted app then re-installed but still no joy!!! thanks brett.

Best Answer

A warm welcome to our new friend @3amp

I appreciate the details shared on your post and for your troubleshooting efforts to fix this issue. The team is still working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. Thanks for your patience while we work on this. 

See you around. 

Best Answer

Thank you for getting back to me about this issue 👍

Best Answer

It could possibly be an issue with iphone's because this morning I’ve received a private message, I can reply to it but can’t start a fresh message with someone else!!! 🤔

Best Answer

Same problem here, and for one of my friends. Hopefully Fitbit are working on it...

Best Answer

Is there an update on this issue please?

Best Answer

As yet my friend no ☹️

Best Answer

Thanks for your response @3amp. Welcome to the Community Forums @NorfolkReg

Thanks for the update @3amp, it seems that this is affecting only if you want to start a new conversation and you select the messages icon, but you should be able to receive messages and reply from the previous conversations on the messages option. We are sending the reports to our team so they can continue working on this. Thanks for your understanding. 

Catch you later.

Best Answer

Same here. Running iOS 15. Still can’t initiate messages.

Best Answer