Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't set stride length to “set automatically” for Charge 4

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Whenever I try to change the stride length detection to “set automatically”, the app does not save the change. If I leave the settings page and come back, it has reverted to off.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @ThomasTheFourth.

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing that the app doesn't save the change when you set your stride length to “set automatically”. Thanks for providing the additional details, I am here to help. I recommend trying the following:

1. Log out from the Fitbit app.
  2. Verify if the Fitbit app is updated to the latest version. For instructions, see this help article.
  3. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  4. Reboot your phone.
  5. Open the Fitbit app and log back in to your account.
  6. Try to change the stride length again.

If the issue persists, try changing the stride length setting using the online fitbit.com dashboard. After changing the setting there, it should be saved in the app. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I been through the forums wondering the same. I tried changing through an internet browser which seems to have done the trick, however if you set back to manually in the app you need to set automatically again in the internet browser.

Now to see if the distance is affected with the stride length set automatically.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The latest app update fixed the problem with the setting not staying on but after running with GPS on the stride length never adjusts. I don't think fitbit will fix this so your best bet is to measure your stride length and enter it manually.

Best Answer
0 Votes