Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app isn't showing friend requests

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, 

The Fitbit app isn’t showing my friend requests at all, though I’m getting emails with friend requests. I’ve logged out, turned poke off and on; I’ve unimstalled and reinstalled etc etc as advised in another thread and nothing works. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
24 REPLIES 24

Hey there @StaceyStace, thanks for stopping by! Thanks for already taking the time to troubleshoot this inconvenience. Nice way to go! 

While reading your post I was wondering if you've accepted the Friend Request through the e-mail? I mean, you accepted it and then checked the Fitbit app?

Just as a friendly reminder, for instructions on how to accept or ignore a friend request:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the Notifications tab.
  2. Tap Messages.
  3. Tap the friend request to open it.
  4. Tap Accept Friend or Ignore.

If you go to this section and see an error message or a blank screen, would you mind to send me a screen shot to take a look at it?

PS: I've moved your post to the iOS App board as there are more chances to get related replies here.

Looking forward to your response! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
Hi,
Thanks for the reply.
No I haven’t been trying to accept requests via email. The friend request
section has completely vanished from the app. It just doesn’t exist
anymore. Only the messages section. I’ve tried everything I can think of to
reset/correct the problem but to no avail.
Stacey
Best Answer

There’s no error message in the messages tab, only messages. The friend request section has mysteriously vanished. 4D9CB95D-5E57-414D-B11B-F237C4B4836D.jpeg

Best Answer

Hi, I’ve given more info on the problem and I haven’t heard anything back from any of the Fitbit staff. I’m still not receiving friend requests on the app while I continue to get emails with friend requests. I can’t accept any as I have no friend request section at all on my app anymore. It’s gone. I’m running the latest software and have done all of the troubleshooting I can. Please help! 

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back and for providing with the screen shot requested @StaceyStaceRobot wink

I've double checked my Fitbit app and the Friend Request section, and my request did appear. See my image below:

friend request.png

So, I'd suggest doing the following even if you've tried some of them already:

• Make sure that your Fitbit app is up-to-date. Version should be 2.78
  • Log out from your Fitbit app
  • Force quit the app
  • Turn off the Bluetooth
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes
  • Turn on the Bluetooth
  • Log back into your Fitbit app

Once you've done this, please go once again to the Messages and see if the friend request appears. If it isn't, please check your friend list and see if by any chance the friend you're trying to accept is showing in there. Also, please send me a screen shot of the friend request email you're getting. 

Looking forward to your response! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, 

I know where the friend request section should be, and I am familiar with the app in general, and whilst I’m glad your friend request section is appearing, unfortunately mine is not. It’s gone.

I’ve gone through all of those steps before, repeatedly, and again just now to no avail. 

It’s not a single friend request that I can’t accept, it’s that none of the friend requests I’ve requests I’ve receive (see email photo) show up on the app as the friend request section is gone. So I haven’t been able to accept, or see any requests, or even the request section for awhile.

App and phone software is up to date. 

Have posted this problem on the social media section to ask of other members have experienced this and no one says they have. 

It’s really weird. 72262BD8-73B9-470E-B1E9-749597D6EACE.png

C8EC87DC-366F-4983-B58E-D24D95BA92B6.png

That friend request popped up on my screen as I was typing this. Can’t see or access it either. I get request, but can’t see/access them. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for those details provided @StaceyStace! Yeah, it's really weird. So, I have reached out to our support team and created a case regarding your inquiry. Someone will be reaching out to you within the next 24-72 hours with next steps. Smiley Very Happy

Point me out if there's anything else I can do for you in the meantime. 

Best Answer

Thanks!!! Much appreciated! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you get this resolved?  I am having the same problem. 

Best Answer

Hi,

This is also happening to me. The friend request section has completely disappeared. I’m getting emails but there’s nothing on the app at all.

any help would be appreciated!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ugh....  I still haven’t seen any way of fixing this. Keep

getting emails to but can’t even accept them. If you find out a solution, please share. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having this exact same issue. Hope it gets cleared up soon. 

Best Answer

Hey guys, 

Fitbit never did resolve it, but weirdly my friend requests section just reappeared last week. Didn’t have anything to do with an update or anything, it was gone, then it was back. 

For those of you who haven’t resolved this, check your messages above (here on Fitbit community.com) because I was able to accept friend requests as they appeared in the message section. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same with me. It’s all of a sudden working. Go figure. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @JMFelipe16 and @StaceyStace, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to let us know this issue has now been resolved on your side, I'm very glad. Smiley Happy

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

My friend request list disappeared too. Been a couple months now. I get the emails like the other have said, but under my Messages tab, it's just messages, no friend requests. I've logged out, logged back in, turned my phone off and on and my app is up to date. I have a Samsung S10+. Not sure what is happening. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

was looking for an answer too as I’ve had this problem for a year and managed to find under the weird box icon in the top right hand corner that if you press this it will bring up the messages and the friend requests.

Hope this helps 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Are talking about the envelope looking icon in the top right? If I click on that I get the list of messages and then there is another tab for notifications and that lists all the "joe posted " , " susie cheered you" etc. It will also list if someone wants to be friends, but before there was a separate list with all the requests. Now I have to search thru this big list of notifications. Is that how it's supposed to be?

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I think so. They have changed all this from the last time I was having problems. Friend request are now with all notifications. So you definitely need to scroll through it.  It was nice when it was separated.  I just wish I could delete messages. I keep getting messages from people I don’t want. I would like to delete those. Anyone know how?  

Best Answer
0 Votes