Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t sign into app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just updated my iPhone to the new software and I am not able to sign into my application is anyone else experiencing this issue? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

Hello and welcome @Sttich81 

I understand your having issues signing into the Fitbit App. I have noticed this problem occurring quite often after that pesky iOS update. Hopefully I can help you with you get back to stepping. First let’s make sure your iPhone is indeed compatible with the new Fitbit App. You can check compatible here: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2315/?q=Compatible&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1 If your iPhone is indeed compatible I think your best course of action is to do a complete uninstall/reinstall of your Fitbit App. You will not lose data doing this. 

Here’s how:

1. Log out of the Fitbit app and force shut the app by swiping up

2. completely uninstall the Fitbit App from your device

3. now completely shut down your device and wait about 1 min then restart your device 

4. once your device has reloaded reinstall the Fitbit app by downloading it from the App Store

5. once it’s installed, log into your device as you normally would with username and password 

6. don’t touch anything in the app...just wait until you get a prompt from your Bluetooth.

7. When prompted by your Bluetooth tap yes 

8. now sync 

😃 Please let me know if this provided you with the best answer to your syncing issue. Keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

No this didn’t help. I have always had my fit bit synced to my google account. Now when I try to sign into the application it just says email or password is not correct. But when I come to the website I can log in fine. The only difference I can see is that the website asks if you want to use your google account where as the application does not. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello thank you for this suggestion but it is still not working. Even if I try to reset my password in the application all I get is if you have a valid email we will send you an email. I haven’t received an email. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the application, and I know my account is there because I can log onto the website. Any more suggestions? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello again @Sttich81 

I think I understand your question better now that you mentioned the email issue and being able to sign in to one and not the other. Have you recently changed your email? Check the online Dashboard to ensure that the email you have posted there is the same one your attempting to use to sign in on the Fitbit App. This mistake can sometimes take place if your email password is auto filled. 
let’s check:

tap Dashboard at the top of your screen

tap gear wheel in upper right side

tap setting in drop down menu

look under personal information 

Is the email displayed the same one as the one your trying to log into the Fitbit app with? 

😃 Keep me posted

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi!  I’m having the same issue just days after updating to IOS 13.1.2. It seems we both log in THROUGH GOOGLE. There is no alternative on the app log in screen except an email and password. If I use my GOOGLE email and password, I get an OOPPS message. If I request a reset, I don’t get an email. Yes the gmail address is listed in my Fitbit profile. Any other suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello again @ShopGrrll  and @Sttich81 

Have you look under your Junk/Spam folders? That email may be leaking there.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks. The issue magically resolved. I appreciate the quick response 🙏🏼

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

That’s awesome @ShopGrrll!! The Fitbit Spirits at work 😉 Happy Stepping!

Best Answer

@Sttich81 Has your issue about not being able to log in be resolved as well? Please let me know. If it has indeed been resolved will you please select “best answer” under my instructions so it will help other with the same issue and are looking for answers. I’d appreciate it 😃

Best Answer
0 Votes

No my issue is not resolved. When I sign into the website I continue with my google account. However when I go to my email in the profile it says my email is ronlue@freemail.fun. It will not let me update it because it says I have the wrong password word but if I hit the reset option it is sending it to the wrong email. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello again @Sttich81 

Because your continuing to have an email/password issue I would suggest your best course of action would be to contact Fitbit Custer Service. You can find ways to contact them here: https://help.fitbit.com/?l=en_US&cu=1&fs=ContactUs&co=GB

On a side note is never a good idea to have your email address posted in a public forum. You can remove your email address by editing your post. Here’s how:

Tap the three small dots to the right of your post with the exposed email address and tap edit in the drop down menu. Now remove sensitive information then simply hit post again.

😉

Best Answer
0 Votes