Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't update daily step goal on Fitbit app

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Fitbit Charge 4 (Version 20001.100.43) and I use my iPhone 8 (App version 3.55). 

My problem is that I want to change my daily step goal, but short after changing it (seconds) it is changed back to the previous value.

Example:

- I open the application;

- I go to my account (click on my profile picture in the top left)

- I click on 'Activity and health' (translated this from Dutch, might be a bit different)

- I click on 'Daily activity'

- I change steps from 7000 to 8000

- I go back to the previous screen by clicking on < in the top left. 

- I click on < in the top left again (two times) to come back in the 'today' screen of the app.

When I now check my daily goals (for instance by clicking on the progress icon of steps on the today screen) I see it moving back from 8k to 7k.

I already tried logging out from the app, logging back in and trying it again. I also restarted my fitbit through the settings on the device.

Any ideas on what to try next?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @oceantommy. I have some good news. Via Twitter, the support desk was able to help me. At least, I have some sort of a solution. Personally I don't think it is properly working but at least it's something.

What they noticed, is that I don't had al my daily goals filled. Because some were empty, the step goal that I was trying to update would not save properly. Now that I filled all the daily goals, I'm able to change all of them. Including the step goal. So that is the solution for me.

Note: this is only working for the app on my iPhone. On the dashboard, I still have the problem where the tile keeps loading and I can't update anything. But for the support desk of Fitbit this seems too big of a problem to solve. Too bad...

Anyway, I hope this helps you!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Arno_F.

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you experienced. Thank you for trying to get them resolved before contacting us.

In this case, I would recommend changing your goal from the online Dashboard at fitbit.com

Please hover the mouse over the Goals tile shown below and click the gear icon. 

EdsonFitbit_0-1648172423681.pngEdsonFitbit_1-1648172494256.png

If you don't see Goals tile, please click the icon with 9 dots within a circle located up on the left side of your Dashboard.

Hope this helps.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer

Hello @EdsonFitbit 

Thank  your for your answer.

First of all: I don't think that when something does not work in the Fitbit-app, the 'solution' is to have a customer change it in another way. The app should be fixed, right?

Second: what you describe is not possible for me. What I see when I open the dashboard is the following:

Arno_F_0-1648201360179.png

The only place I see my step goal, is in the part called 'Stappen'. When I hover over that one, I indeed have a gear-icon but that only allow me to delete the tile.

My best guess is the tile you mention is the one you see on the left. The one that is white with the little loading icon. That one is not loading, even though I'll wait over 10 minutes. So maybe that indicates a problem as well? 

All tiles are on my dashboard, I don't have the possibility to add more. I also don't have the possibility to delete the white tile. When I hover over it, nothing happens.

FYI: I also contacted Fitbit support but after two days they stopped replying to my mails. If you want to have more information on that, let me know.

Best Answer

Thanks for your response, @Arno_F.

Our team is constantly working to improve our products and services. Your feedback is highly appreciated.

I noticed that you've recently been in touch with Customer Support. I'm pretty sure they will do their best to provide a high level of support. Thank you for your patience while dealing with this situation.

Have a nice day.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer

I have the same problem and the Dashboard also has the blank tile which won’t open

Best Answer

Hi @oceantommy 

Sorry to hear. I still haven't found the solution. I'm in touch with customer support, but they keep sending me standard answers and asking me to perform things that can't be done or that already asked me. So it feels like we're going around in circles.

Just this morning I contacted the support through Twitter. Maybe that will change something. I there is any progress, I'll let you know.

In the meantime: @EdsonFitbit you might want to ask your colleagues why it is taking so long. I've raised the issue over three weeks ago, but not a single inch of progress was made. Some contact or priority would be appreciated. 

Best Answer
Thank you Arno-F, I think I have read almost every post regarding updating goal stats. And I, like you have tried everything suggested. Obviously, the blank tile in the Dashboard that continues to spool is a big question mark. You would think a company with their resources and technical expertise could easily fix the problem. We’ll see. I hope.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hi @oceantommy. I have some good news. Via Twitter, the support desk was able to help me. At least, I have some sort of a solution. Personally I don't think it is properly working but at least it's something.

What they noticed, is that I don't had al my daily goals filled. Because some were empty, the step goal that I was trying to update would not save properly. Now that I filled all the daily goals, I'm able to change all of them. Including the step goal. So that is the solution for me.

Note: this is only working for the app on my iPhone. On the dashboard, I still have the problem where the tile keeps loading and I can't update anything. But for the support desk of Fitbit this seems too big of a problem to solve. Too bad...

Anyway, I hope this helps you!

Best Answer
Arno_F,

OMG! I am so pleased. Thank you for your perseverance. I didn’t have anything for Floors Climbed. So simple. Have a good weekend.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I’ve been trying to update my step goal as well & it wasn’t working. But once I filled in all my activity goals, it worked! Thank You! 

Best Answer