Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Turn on Location Services

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I received a Charge 3, 2 days ago. I am unable to set the location to always, on an iPhone 8 Plus with iOS 13.1.2 installed and updated to the current FitBit app revision. The weather will not follow my current location, without being able to set my location to always. I need this information for my work.

It keeps reverting back to "ask". I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app multiple times and restarted my Charge 3, as well as my phone. This was a "fix" that had been noted in other answers with this same problem.

This seems to be an ongoing issue. I've read multiple posts with no solution. Is this a FitBit Charge 3 app issue or an iPhone issue? 

When will this issue be addressed? Multiple people are having this issue and the response from FItBit, doesn't seem to be a concern to FitBit about the people with a Charge 3. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@36bones 
I may have found a solution for you. (fingers crossed) Let’s start by tapping your exercise tile in the Fitbit app. If you don’t have the exercise tile showing in the main page of the Fitbit app (where all your current challenges are) then tap Discover at the bottom left, then tap Health & Fitness Stats, then find exercise and tap it. Look to the bottom and tap “Add to today”.... that will pop you back to the main page. Now find the exercise tile and tap it. Look to the upper left and tap the stopwatch icon. Now tap “Enable Location Services” , then open settings and make your selection. (If it doesn’t let you select always then select when using the app) .....now go back to the Fitbit app and answer WiFi prompt. Now  go directly to your iOS setting and now you can change it to always. Gosh I hope all this makes sense. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

Hello @36bones 

Have you tried this path?  From your Settings > scroll down to the Fitbit app and tap on it > allow Fitbit to access location there.  Set your other permissions.

I also dug around a bit and found these two articles you might find interesting: 

https://appletoolbox.com/ios-location-services-not-working-fix/

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207092

😃 hopefully something here helps in someway. Please let me know

Best Answer

Thank you for the reply, but those articles were no help. Under Privacy>Location Services, the Fitbit app is not shown. I have at least 10 other there that are working just fine and I'm able to adjust them any way I need to. The Fitbit app is showing up under the Settings, but it will let me adjust the location services, but as soon as i go back to settings or close the settings window, it reverts right back to "ask". This is my issue. iPhone 8 Plus with the latest iOS and updates installed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello again @36bones 

Sorry the articles were of no use. I read you uninstalled and reinstalled the Fitbit app which makes it absolutely crazy the Fitbit app doesn’t show up under location services. I did get hit with the iOS 13.1.2 about two hours ago and downloaded it without issue. I’m not sure if you have been hit with that update yet but I’m wondering if just before accepting the new iOS update when ya get it that you again uninstall the Fitbit App, download the new update then reinstall the Fitbit app again. The theory being that it will give the app the cleanest install to the updated iOS. Again it’s just a theory but something worth pondering over. 

Best Answer

@36bones Maybe I should learn to read better. I apologize. I just reread your first post. You already have iOS 13.1.2 ( insert MegaBite covering her face in shame)

Best Answer

@36bones 
I may have found a solution for you. (fingers crossed) Let’s start by tapping your exercise tile in the Fitbit app. If you don’t have the exercise tile showing in the main page of the Fitbit app (where all your current challenges are) then tap Discover at the bottom left, then tap Health & Fitness Stats, then find exercise and tap it. Look to the bottom and tap “Add to today”.... that will pop you back to the main page. Now find the exercise tile and tap it. Look to the upper left and tap the stopwatch icon. Now tap “Enable Location Services” , then open settings and make your selection. (If it doesn’t let you select always then select when using the app) .....now go back to the Fitbit app and answer WiFi prompt. Now  go directly to your iOS setting and now you can change it to always. Gosh I hope all this makes sense. 

Best Answer

You are awesome, MegaBite! Worked like a champ! I was never asked to allow location services, no matter how many times I uninstalled or reinstalled the app. This answershould be stickedforall thepeoplehavingthe sameissueRest assured, I will be saving this email response for future reference.  I apologize for doubting Fitbit's customer service. I really appreciate your help and timely responses. 

Best Answer

@36bones Happy Stepping! Your up and running again. 😃

Best Answer

I don't know how you figured this out, but I am glad you did. I've been trying to figure this out since September. Thank you for posting this information!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your so very welcome @JDM1- 😉 I’m so very happy this works for you!

Best Answer

Thank you so much! It worked for me.

Best Answer

Hallelujah!!!!! I have been trying to find an answer for weeks and tried every tip there is! I can FINALLY get my notifications on my Fitbit. Thank you MegaBite. You saved my sanity.😊

Best Answer