Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot add friends

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

i can start challenges or join but when trying to add friends--i get message 'unable to add friends at this time' 'tap to retry' but been like that for couple of days.  so i can redo the challenges but with whatever friends already playing

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Welcome to the Community @gscheid! I've moved your post to this thread, because it's more related to the topic. I would like you to try the following procedure: 

• Force-close the Fitbit app by double tapping the home button and swiping up the app.
  • Log out from the app, restart your mobile device and log back in. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah I've tried to remove and restart but the same happens.  Keeps telling me to re tap to see friends for challenges?  I can start a new one and do a re challenge but can't add anyone

@SilviaFitbit wrote:

Welcome to the Community @gscheid! I've moved your post to this thread, because it's more related to the topic. I would like you to try the following procedure: 

• Force-close the Fitbit app by double tapping the home button and swiping up the app.
  • Log out from the app, restart your mobile device and log back in. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been having the same issue over the past 24 hrs.

charge 2, ios iphone 6

Tricia

@gscheid wrote:

i can start challenges or join but when trying to add friends--i get message 'unable to add friends at this time' 'tap to retry' but been like that for couple of days.  so i can redo the challenges but with whatever friends already playing

Trish
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Trish77, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's nice to have you on board. It's nice to see you around too @gscheidSmiley Happy

When trying to add friends to your challenges, are you using Wi-Fi or cellular data? When did you start experiencing this situation? 

At this moment I would like to ask you for a screenshot of the message you're currently receiving, this will be very helpful for me to check this further.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting for your reply! 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I posted about this same issue yesterday after trying to deal with customer support for the past several days unsuccessfully.  Although I'm not getting an actual error message pop up, I've tried unsuccessfully adding people from challenges I'm involved with as well as trying to add them via their email -they are not receiving my invites.  Very frustrating.  Have uninstalled app several times and reinstalled on both iPhone 7 plus and iPad Air 2.  App is current with updates.  This issue began for me on 5/14.  Others are having no problem adding me.  Please advise.  Thanks in advance

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sent from my iPhone
Trish
Best Answer
0 Votes