Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot get EOV using iPhone voiceover

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am a blind user with a charge for I am using apples voiceover screen reader on my iPhone. Recently I received an update notice from Fitbit regarding estimated oxygen saturation. I downloaded the software and today decided to see if I could find the information the update would provide. First I clicked on sleep time, then I clicked on today’s sleep information and at the third screen I looked forMy oxygen saturation numbers. I was unable to get any information by way of my screen reader and because I am unable to see the screen I do not know if the information is on that screen. In order to get the information will I be required to purchase a premium subscription.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Podunk   You don't need Premium in order to get the estimated oxygen variation graph.  When you tap on a sleep record, the next screen has your Sleep Score and your Sleep Stages graph.  But that page is much longer than the screen and you must swipe up to show the other information on the page.  There is a sleep stage bar graph below the sleep stages graph.  The bar graphs give a breakdown of how much time you spend in each stage.  It is broken down into Awake, REM, Light, and Deep.  The Estimated Oxygen Variation is below the bar graphs.

I hope this answers your question.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

I have not received a response to this inquiry. Is there someone at Fitbit or in the community that might have an idea what the answer is or replace that I might go to find the answer?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Podunk   You don't need Premium in order to get the estimated oxygen variation graph.  When you tap on a sleep record, the next screen has your Sleep Score and your Sleep Stages graph.  But that page is much longer than the screen and you must swipe up to show the other information on the page.  There is a sleep stage bar graph below the sleep stages graph.  The bar graphs give a breakdown of how much time you spend in each stage.  It is broken down into Awake, REM, Light, and Deep.  The Estimated Oxygen Variation is below the bar graphs.

I hope this answers your question.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for answering my question and I am glad that I will not have to become a premium subscriber. I am a blind user using voiceover on my iPhone as a screen reader. I have never seen the screens on my Fitbit and that’s why I asked the question. I finally figured out how to calculate and interpret the sleep time and percentages in zone because as a blind user Fitbit provides only partial information sometimes only percentages in one or two sleep zones and time is sometimes measured in meters. Megabyte was good enough to spend time and effort to help me figure out how to calculate percentages and sleep sounds using the information that was available to me. in the area of community we are Fitbit asks what changes we would like to have I did put in a request that updates to the Fitbit software be checked using screen readers to make sure that the information is available to blind and reading disabled users.

It appears that there might be multiple graphs below sleep time and sleep zones that are not currently available to blind users using voice over as a screen reader and that’s why I was unable to see results for estimated oxygen saturation.
Best Answer

Update since last posting: sleep graphs are still not fully accessible to people who are blind and using voiceover is the screen reader percent and sleep sounds rarely if ever shows for all four zones. And the abbreviation used for minutes reads as meters.

The graphs I have been told that exist below the sleep graph are still not available to me. I still hope that accessibility for blind and reading disabled will be incorporated now that Google has attached its name to Fitbit. thank you still Disability support team we’re listening to the issues I have raised. And hopefully Fitbit developers working with Google developers and disability support team members and bring positive changes to the experience of those with visual disabilities.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey, nothing has been done so far to make this information available to blind users using voiceover as a screen reader. Please google. make the Fitbit application compatible for people using screen readers, who are blind or reading disabled. You have done it in other programs and websites available on the iPhone.

Best Answer
0 Votes