Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot sync my Charge 2

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My charge2 went dead over the weekend. So I charged it.

i decided to try and sync it when it was done charging and it wouldn’t do anything so I tried to discard it and reinstall it on my iPhone. Now it keeps telling me to turn on my Bluetooth which is working perfectly fine with all my other Bluetooth accessories. I tried to reboot the Charge2 and restarted my phone. No difference, it still asks me to turn on my Bluetooth.

Help!!! Before I throw it down and run it over in anger.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @FireFixer 

Welcome to the Fitbit Community. I have noticed this problem occurring quite often after that pesky iOS update. Hopefully I can help you with your syncing issue. I think your best course of action is to do a complete uninstall/reinstall of your Fitbit App. You will not lose data doing this. 

Here’s how:

1. Log out of the Fitbit app and force shut the app by swiping up

2. completely uninstall the Fitbit App from your device

3. now completely shut down your device and wait about 1 min then restart your device 

4. once your device has reloaded reinstall the Fitbit app by downloading it from the App Store

5. once it’s installed, log into your device as you normally would with username and password 

6. don’t touch anything in the app...just wait until you get a prompt from your Bluetooth.

7. When prompted by your Bluetooth tap yes 

8. now try to sync 

Doing this will give you the cleanest install and should repair your syncing time issues.

😃 Please let me know if this provided you with the best answer to your syncing issue. Keep me posted.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Hello @FireFixer 

Welcome to the Fitbit Community. I have noticed this problem occurring quite often after that pesky iOS update. Hopefully I can help you with your syncing issue. I think your best course of action is to do a complete uninstall/reinstall of your Fitbit App. You will not lose data doing this. 

Here’s how:

1. Log out of the Fitbit app and force shut the app by swiping up

2. completely uninstall the Fitbit App from your device

3. now completely shut down your device and wait about 1 min then restart your device 

4. once your device has reloaded reinstall the Fitbit app by downloading it from the App Store

5. once it’s installed, log into your device as you normally would with username and password 

6. don’t touch anything in the app...just wait until you get a prompt from your Bluetooth.

7. When prompted by your Bluetooth tap yes 

8. now try to sync 

Doing this will give you the cleanest install and should repair your syncing time issues.

😃 Please let me know if this provided you with the best answer to your syncing issue. Keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks so much, that worked.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hello again @FireFixer Im happy I was able to help and your up and gonna be stepping likes rockstar now 😃 if you would please tap “best answer “ under my post where my suggestions/instructions were that helped you? It really helps others who come to this community seeking answers to questions similar to yours. I’d really appreciate it. Thank you!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

MegaBite was my email address for many years. FWIW it would be too funny if you have it now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@FireFixer 

no 🤣 it’s just a user name I picked for this site. Totally random.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh well, anyway. Thanks so much for helping me out. I’m pretty tech savvy but it just wasn’t cooperating and I tried everything I was able to find online up to this point.

darn iOS updates!

Best Answer

I have similar problems with my Versa 2. The way I do it is to unpair then pair my watch again!

Best Answer
0 Votes

What can I do if still cannot sync my charge 2 after followed all steps? 

Best Answer
0 Votes