Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing weight goal without losing progress

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, 

I started my weight loss journey in July 2020 and been tracking it with my Fitbit versa 2 since then. Today, I changed my goal weight and now the app thinks that I started today, not displaying the weight I already lost in the overview (the data is still there). So it says then I haven't lost weight, which is kinda demotivating. I tried to change the start weight in the settings, but when I choose the date with the date picker, the app does not change it. I also tried to sign out and sign in again - nothing changes. Any recommendations? I am sad 😞 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi there @sophietschi, welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Food Plan before reaching out. I understand how you must be feeling.

In addition to the steps you've tried, please go through the weight history, correct wrong entries and delete the original start weights that were scattered all throughout. Your start should be changed to the date you had been trying to set. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, 

thanks for your answer. I will try that, but I already reached out to the support chat and they told me, this is a known issue and the team is already working on it. Seems to work fine on Android (at least that is what a friend has told me), but on iOS it seems to be a bug. 

Best Answer

@sophietschi and @MarreFitbit -

Correct it with the web interface...

On the Food Tab on the log page in the section between Food Log and Daily Totals is a scrolling three-panel section that starts at "Food Plan" and also has "Calories in vs out" and "Plan Summary"

Click on the right arrow twice to get to the third panel "Plan Summary"

Click on the Edit Plan button and then on the edit link at the end of the "Your starting weight was..." sentence.

Now enter your desired starting date and weight and click on "Save".

Once that has been accomplished you can click on the "X" at the top right of the Edit Plan window.

It may take a few minutes for the change to hit the app. I would remove the app from memory and restart it to ensure the update will promptly hit the app.

Hope this helps.

Good luck and welcome to the boards.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer

@sophietschi - @MarreFitbit -

Now that is broken too. You can try and change the date, but it won't take.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same issue on iOS and PC. Start date just resets to today no matter what, which means all my progress has been lost. Very disappointed and fed up.

Best Answer
0 Votes