Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 constantly unpairs from phone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My charge 2 is constantly becoming unpaired from my phone  (iPhone 5s). My phone software is up to date as is the charge 2. At the moment I'm having to remove the device & add it back on about 4 times a day. Does anyone have any ideas why this could be happening?

Thanks x

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hello @Jen75, thanks for joining us, it's great to see new faces around. Smiley Happy

Is your tracker getting removed from the Fitbit app or your Bluetooth settings? Have you enabled Notifications on your Charge 2? If it's disconnecting from the Bluetooth settings, and you haven't enable Notifications, it's possible that the Bluetooth bond, is only present when the app is open, which is normal and expected behavior

At this moment, I would like to recommend restarting your tracker and your phone and monitor it for the next 24 hours to check if this situation happens again.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @MarcoGFitbit,

thank you for the advice, I'll give all that a go & let you know how it goes. Unfortunately the display has stopped turning on when I turn my wrist. I've restarted the charge 2 but this doesn't seem to have helped.

thanks again

jen 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Jen75, I hope you're having a great day.

If the screen on your Charge 2 is not turning on when you turn your wrist, please open the Fitbit app and go to Account > Charge 2  and check if Quick View is disabled. If it is, please enable it and sync your tracker. If it's enabled, disable it, sync, enable it once again and sync one more time to reset it. 

Hope this can help, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge 2 won't pair with my 5s either. I got a new one and gave my old one to someone with a 6s and her nonfictions work. My new charge 2 nonofications don't work because it unpaires. It is probably the older phones because the 5s came out 3 and a half years ago. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @jmanning, thanks for joining us, it's great to have you on board! Smiley Happy

To clarify, is your Charge 2 not currently paired to your account or it is paired and not receiving Notifications? 

If your tracker is not able to pair, please try to restart it, also restart your phone and try to set it up again:

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account tab at the bottom of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  2. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  3. If the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.

If it's not receiving notifications, please keep pressed the button on the side for 2 seconds, once it vibrates, please check the screen to verify that the Notifications have been turned on. The Charge 2 has a new "Do Not Disturb" mode that is activated when you press and hold the button, an animation will let you know if this mode was enabled or disabled. 

If Notifications are enabled on the tracker, please restart your tracker, then go to the Bluetooth settings of your phone, check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices; if it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device. Then restart your phone, open the Fitbit app, tap on Account > Your Tracker > Notifications and enable them again.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else! Smiley Wink

Best Answer

Thank you so much MarcoGFitbit 😀😀😀!!! Nonofications work with the last  suggestion.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @jmanning, I hope you're having a great day. 

Thanks for taking the time to update me, I'm very glad Notifications are now working on your tracker. In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members.

Happy stepping! Smiley Wink

Best Answer