Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 is unable to pair with my iPhone.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I had my Charge 2 paired with my phone but then also had the app on my iPad. It also paired with that so it wasn't paired with the phone any more. I took the app off the iPad and took off any reference to the charge 2 from it. I cannot get the charge 2 to pair with my phone again. I tried many suggestions but it won't pair. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hi, @Ejlswl, you can pair your Charge 2 to both your iPad and your phone, just not at the same time.  In order to switch between the two you need to turn Bluetooth off on the device you don't want to use.  Once the pairing has taken place you can switch BT back on if you want to use BT for other devices.

Turning BT off on your iPad now may solve the problem.  If not (while BT is still off on your iPad) give your Charge 2 a restart and then immediately try to force a sync.  If that doesn't work (with BT still off on your iPad) turn BT off on your phone, wait a moment, then turn it back on again.  If none of those steps work, try turning your phone off completely and then back on again and try a sync.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes
I tried all of that. The device will sync but it will not pair so I my notifications won't work. I totally took the app and the charge 2 off the iPad but it didn't help.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Ejlswl, thanks for joining us, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Community! Smiley Happy, it's always nice to see you around @Julia_G

@Ejlswl, adding to what @Julia_G recommended, if you're Charge 2 is able to sync with your iPhone but not able to receive notifications, please go to your iPad Bluetooth settings and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices; if it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device. Then restart your Charge 2, and go back to your iPhone. Please open the Fitbit app and go to Account > Your Tracker > Notifications and enable Notifications in here. 

Additionally, make sure the tracker hasn't been accidentally put on "Do Not Disturb" mode by pressing and holding the button for 2 seconds while in the clock face, your tracker will vibrate and a message will let you know if Notifications have been turn on or off. 

I hope this can be helpful, in case you need anything else, please keep me posted! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
Thanks for the info. I called the support line and they walked me through a solution.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Ejlswl, I hope you're having a great day! Smiley Happy

Thanks for taking the time to update me, I'm glad our Support Team was able to provide you a solution. In case you have some spare time I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members.

Happy stepping! 

Best Answer

Hi, 

i know it was a while ago but do you remember what they said. I have exactly the same problem.

many thanks,

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @veebs98, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's nice to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for reporting this to us. At this moment I would like to gather some information from you so we can check this further, please reply with as much information as you can:

1. iPhone model you're using.
  2. OS version running on  your phone
  3. App version installed on your phone (go to Account > Help to get it)
  4. List of exact troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, we'll be waiting to hear from you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes