Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 not connecting

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was having trouble getting my Charge 2 to sync after the latest app update. I tried turning the Bluetooth off and back on, then tried restarting my phone, to no avail. I removed the device to try to reinstall it, but now it can't find the Charge. I don't know if the issue is the app or my Fitbit. 

Best Answer
42 REPLIES 42

I am having the exact same issue. Brand new Charge 2.  Not connecting.  Yes, it is turned on.  Yes I also tried plugging it in.  Yes the Bluetooth settings are on.  No there are no other fitbit devices connected.  Yes I have tried restarting my computer, several times.  Yes I have tried resetting to factory settings (even though it's brand new and shouldn't require this).  Several times. 

This is all after buying it to replace the Charge HR which died after a few months and had the exact same issues pairing.  Extremely unhappy.  Fitbit is a huge waste of money.

Best Answer
0 Votes
WOW, This was so long ago. I just used the error codes provided and it
actually worked. Or maybe I was just lucky???
Best Answer
0 Votes

So there is no way to fix this without losing the data from the device? I only sync the device every couple of weeks and it seems to lose the tracker every time I sync. I have to reset the device up as if it was new. All data for the week is then lost 👎

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @akeath18, thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to have you on board the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. If you're having trouble syncing your Fitbit device, I would like to suggest you the following troubleshooting steps:

• Make sure the latest version of the Fitbit app is installed on your phone.
  • The software on your mobile device is up to date. To check, tap Settings > General > Software Update.
  • Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around as they might interfere with the syncing process
  • Check that your Fitbit device's battery isn't critically low.

If your device still won't sync, try these steps:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app. 
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Open the Fitbit app.
  4. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart your phone again.
  5. Open the Fitbit app.
  6. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart it one more time.
  7. If your Fitbit device won't sync after the restart, log in to your Fitbit account on a different phone, tablet, or computer and try to sync.
  8. If your Fitbit device still doesn’t sync, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your mobile device and try to sync.

Keep in mind that Fitbit devices can store up to 7 days of detailed information and that you don't need to set it up every time it's not syncing, please try the above troubleshooting steps first. I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

i tried the above.  For some reason my new iPhone does not recognize my charge 2 through Bluetooth at all anymore 

Best Answer
0 Votes

None of these solutions including setting up the device as a new one has worked for me. I keep getting an error message to turn off and restart bluetooth on my Samsung Galaxy s8 plus. Other bluetooth devices are connecting to the phone. The problem has persisted for 10 days. Is my Charge 2 device faulty? It has worked well for ca 2 yeara

Best Answer
WOW, Old Post and No It probably just needs an update or sone form of push
from Fitbit. My Charge 2 is like new still.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem. I have a Samsung S8 and everything is working good. But since last system update my Fitbit Charge 2 stopped to syncronize to my Fitbit App at S8.

I am having the exact same issue: Not connecting.

Yes, it is turned on.  Yes I also tried plugging it in.  Yes the Bluetooth settings are on.  No there are no other fitbit devices connected.  Yes I have tried restarting my S8 several times.  Yes I reset the Fitbit Charge 2 to factory settings and still not working. Shows the logo and 22.58.00 version.

The Fitbit App says: We found your tracker! The Fitbit gives me the 4 code. I put the 4 code in Fitbit App when it says: Pair your tracker and after 30 seconds it says: Not working? Make sure your tracker is charged and turned on; If there are other trackers nearby, move them away; Turn off Bluetooth on your mobile device , then turn it on again.

I did it many times. Please help me.

Nothing above is working! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

have you figured out how to fix the issue Im having the same problem

Best Answer
0 Votes

No I have not. I also cannot connect it to my WW app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve got the exact same problem 😫

Best Answer
0 Votes
They told me to try this... It didn't work for me but maybe it will work
for you... They said phones running on Android 9 are all having this issue
and they are working on i
, turn off Background Restrictions/Limitations: "*Phone settings > Apps &
Notifications > Fitbit app > Background restrictions* or *Background
limits."*

Then, disable battery limitations:

1. Go to "*Settings > Apps > Fitbit app > Advanced > Battery > Battery
optimization".*
2. Change view to "*All apps*
3. Search for Fitbit app
4. Choose "*Not optimized"*
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for replying. I have iPhone 11 and everything worked well until 23 November 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I could not find *background limitation * or *background restriction *. Battery already set at not optimised. I am running Android 9. Fitbit techies, where are you, please?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

I had an issue with a FitBit not being able to connect to my phone. I finally figured out that it was because the FitBit was already connected (via Bluetooth) to my computer. For anyone having problems connecting a FitBit to their phone app via bluetooth, I would suggest that one of your first troubleshooting steps would be to make sure the FitBit isn't already connected to one of your other devices. The remedy is to simply turn the bluetooth off on your "other device" (say a computer) and then try again to connect your phone to the FitBit. Hope that helps some of you!

Best Answer
This post is so old...Im talking years!!! I don't even have that model
anymore.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @JeffNotJames and @Sleeplessg. A warm welcome to the Community Forums.

@JeffNotJames, thanks for stopping by to help our members. You shared a great suggestion and I'm sure others will find your post very helpful.

@Sleeplessg, I'm sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for sharing your thoughts. In case you'd no longer like to follow this thread, you can delete your subscriptions by following these steps: 

1. Navigate to your Community Settings, and click "Subscriptions & Notifications." 
  2. Click "My Subscriptions" to view a list of posts, threads, and boards that you are subscribed to. 
  3. To delete a subscription, check-mark the box next to each respective subscription. Then, click "Email Subscription Options" to the top right, then "Delete Selected Subscriptions."

I'll be around if you have any other question.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JeffNotJames.. Thanks for this info .. pity I didn't see it before I put my post up, but I'm all sorted now and me watch is syncing again

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Wendinthewillow. Welcome to the Community Forums.

That's fantastic news! I'm glad your Fitbit is now syncing and thanks for following the suggestions posted in this thread. In case you have some spare time, visit our Health & Wellness board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members tor reach your goals.

Have a great day.

Best Answer

Thanks Lizzy, the only problem is I have to now press the button to see the display but I'm sure that's just a settings thing ... 

Best Answer
0 Votes