Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 not getting text notifications in iOS 11 Beta

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello! I JUST got my Fitbit Charge 2 today and I have iOS 11 Beta as a beta tester. I receive phone call notifications on my Charge 2 but no others (calendar, text, etc.). Is this simply because I have a beta OS and Fitbit probably doesn’t support it yet until it’s released as public? Thank for the help y’all! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Hello @SunsetRunner, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

If your Charge 2 is not able to receive calendar or text notifications but is able to receive call ones, please try to reset the Notifications in the Fitbit app by following these steps:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if Charge 2 is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  2. Restart your phone
  3. Restart your Charge 2
  4. Go to the Fitbit app, tap on Account > Charge 2 > Notifications and enable all of them once again. 

Additionally, please go to your phone Settings > Notifications > Fitbit and make sure the following is enabled:

• Allow Notifications
  • Show in Notification Center
  • Show on Lock Screen. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Howdy, sorry for the delayed response. I tried all of that stuff yesterday after seeing it in other threads on this site. Finally, last night I dumped iOS 11 beta and went back to iOS 10.3.3 assuming that Fitbit probably does not support beta operating systems. Now that I'm back on the supported iOS 10 however, nothing is changed in that I can receive calendar and phone call notifications on my fit bit charge to but still no text message notifications.  I spent much of the day yesterday researching this topic online and I've tried every fix I can think of including deleting  logging out of been deleting the Fitbit app but to no avail. The only thing I have yet to try is to perform a full factory reset of my Fitbit.  I bought it on eBay, used and it was already on and showing the time when I opened the box so maybe a factory reset is in order? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's odd because literally everything else works perfect on the app and on the fit bit itself. The only thing that does not work for me is receiving text message notifications. Unfortunately, that's a really big deal to me to have that feature. Every other thing that I could dig through it every level of the app and device however  works wonderfully and I'm super happy I bought one!  Got to get this one issue figured out though. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @SunsetRunner, I hope you're doing fine, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you've tried the troubleshooting steps I provided earlier. At this time I would like to ask you to go to your phone Settings > Notifications > Fitbit and take a screenshot of what you're able to see, then reply to me with the screenshot so I can check this further. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting for your reply. Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

On ios 11 there is no "show in notification center" widget.  How do you do this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, did you get it resolved re ios11?

i have similar problem. Text notifications are received in ios10, but not in 11.. and instructions keep saying “show in notificarion centre” while that is not there in ios11

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did it get resolved? I have exact similar problems.. tested it with an older iOS: no problem. With ios11, I can’t receive texts..

Best Answer

Hello @Ferris223, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around. Smiley Happy

If your tracker is still not receiving Notifications and you're running the latest OS and app versions on your phone, please check the following post in how to reset Notifications from the Fitbit app that has been proven very helpful for many members of the Community facing the same situation. 

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes