Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 doesn't sync automatically

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Two week old a Fitbit Charge 3 stopped automatically synching to iPhone. What’s causing this and how do I fix? Thanks.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @ram1946. It's great to see you around the forums.

Thanks for letting me know that your Charge 3 isn't syncing automatically and let's work together on this behavior! Before anything else, please make sure the Fitbit app is updated to the latest version, as well to turn off other Bluetooth connections nearby to avoid any interference. Then, try the following steps to reestablish the connection between your tracker and your iPhone:

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the profile's icon > Charge 3 image.
  2. Scroll down and verify the "All-Day Sync" option is turned on. If it is, turn it off and back on.
  3. Remove your Charge 3 from the Bluetooth settings.
  4. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  5. Reboot your phone and restart your Charge 3.
  6. Open the Fitbit app and try syncing one more time.

Once it syncs, go to your profile's icon > Charge 3 > Notifications and follow the prompt to pair your tracker via Bluetooth. Please note that the Fitbit app must be running on the background so your tracker can sync automatically.

Let me know how everything goes.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @ram1946. It's great to see you around the forums.

Thanks for letting me know that your Charge 3 isn't syncing automatically and let's work together on this behavior! Before anything else, please make sure the Fitbit app is updated to the latest version, as well to turn off other Bluetooth connections nearby to avoid any interference. Then, try the following steps to reestablish the connection between your tracker and your iPhone:

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the profile's icon > Charge 3 image.
  2. Scroll down and verify the "All-Day Sync" option is turned on. If it is, turn it off and back on.
  3. Remove your Charge 3 from the Bluetooth settings.
  4. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  5. Reboot your phone and restart your Charge 3.
  6. Open the Fitbit app and try syncing one more time.

Once it syncs, go to your profile's icon > Charge 3 > Notifications and follow the prompt to pair your tracker via Bluetooth. Please note that the Fitbit app must be running on the background so your tracker can sync automatically.

Let me know how everything goes.

Best Answer

Thank you for the information. However, the “All Day Sync” will not remain on. It is off all the time. When I do turn it on I get a message that a Blue Tooth paitin needs to happen between my iPhone and Charge 3. When I hit “Set Up” all

that happens is a continuous clocking around the All Day Sync eventually followed by a message of failure.

Please note that I 
have no problems with the sync on my iPad.

This is very frustrating. I went 24 million steps with my Zip. Less than three weeks after upgrading (sic) with the Charge 3 I’m having problems. Discouraging.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem, I called customer service yesterday and I got my Fitbit charge 3 to sync with my iPhone and then last night it wouldn’t sync again and did what you recommended in your message 3 times but again it’s not syncing. I try it again today with no luck. I bought the charge 3 in December and I have all kinds of problems with it. I would like get working or exchanged for new one. How would about it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Will end up springing for the Apple Watch and Throwing away the Fitbit sense as it worked for the past two weeks. Sinks then stop syncing almost immediately

Best Answer

Not sure I did exactly as said but my Charge 3 seems to be syncing fine now. The “pair with Bluetooth” message hasn’t shown up in a while. So, for now, I’m okay.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Syncs but then disconnects from bluetooth in a short amount of time ie within about 15 minutes usually.  Useless.

Mike

Best Answer