Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 loses Bluetooth connection when iPhone connects to another Bluetooth device

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Charge3 is usually connected to my iPhone8X. However, when the phone connects to any different Bluetooth device - Using the phone connected to the car hands-free, connecting to golf trolley, Bluetooth speaker - then that seems to drop the Bluetooth / Charge3 connection. Then, to restore, you have to go through the whole forget device-reboot-reconnect-enable location etc etc. 

is this an iPhone or Fitbit issue as I am rapidly losing the desire to do this process a couple of times every day.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Clive15.

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing that your Charge 3 loses Bluetooth connection when your iPhone connects to another Bluetooth device. Thanks for trying to resolve this, I totally understand how you are feeling and I am here to help. If you have multiple Bluetooth products like speakers or headsets paired to your phone along with your Fitbit device, you may have trouble using more than one at the same time. I recommend to turn off other Bluetooth connections when not in use. Thank you for sharing your feedback, our team is always working on our products and services, and your comments are always welcome.

I also would like to advise that the syncing issue has been reported to our team and they're investigating this at the moment. Be sure to keep the Fitbit app and your device up-to-date as the updates come with new features and bug fixes. 

You can confirm our complete troubleshooting instructions to resolve the syncing issue at Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

I'll be around if you have any questions. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Liliya - Thanks for the reply. So, to check, the current suggestion is that (example) before I get into the Car then I disconnect the Charge3 from the iPhone bluetooth which will then connect to the Car to enable hands-free use of the phone. Then, when I get out of the Car, the iPhone bluetooth will automatically disconnect from the Car and I then reconnect the Charge3 with the iPhone bluetooth. And I do this every time that my iPhone is due to connect with another device - Car Phone, Golf Trolley, Speaker etc. It may be a work around, but the iPhone doesn't suffer from this with any of the other devices (Car Phone etc) - they happily connect and disconnect on use .............. So do we have any timeline for when Fitbit will issue a proper fix ??

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Clive15, thank you for your reply and for the details shared. 

I totally understand how you are feeling and appreciate your feedback. While I don't have a time frame when this fix will come, our team is working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. Your patience and understanding while this is resolved is appreciated.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My new Charge 3 is having trouble syncing with my IPhone 6. The only other Bluetooth device that syncs with my phone is my car, so that isn’t hooked up when I’m not in it. I have clicked on Forget This Device for my FitBit, but it’s still only sporadically syncing. Is this an ongoing problem? I never had a problem with my Charge 2.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Splotch. Welcome on board. It's great to see a new face around.

Thanks for the steps that you've tried on your own and I'm sorry that your Charge 3 isn't staying connected. Before anything else, let me explain that our team has been informed about the syncing issues experienced with iOS devices and they're currently working on this matter to bring a solution as soon as possible. While there isn't a time frame for the fix, let me recommend to give a try to the troubleshooting steps described in this help article.

I'll be around, keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes