Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't open app

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I cannot get app to open tired installing and reinstalling. Updated my phone too

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @RR12226. It's nice to see you around, @Odyssey13.

@Odyssey13 thank you for your support! 

@RR12226 I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing that you can't get app to open. 

Thanks for trying to resolve this, I appreciate the additional details and I am here to assist you. In order for us to continue investigating the issue please let me know your OS for us to investigate further. Have you tried to restart your phone and try to open the app again?

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
23 REPLIES 23

Which phone do you have and is it on the list of compatible devices? click to see

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

My phone is compatible

Best Answer
0 Votes

iPhone 8

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks @RR12226  I'll move this to the iOS forum area for more relevant responses.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @RR12226. It's nice to see you around, @Odyssey13.

@Odyssey13 thank you for your support! 

@RR12226 I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing that you can't get app to open. 

Thanks for trying to resolve this, I appreciate the additional details and I am here to assist you. In order for us to continue investigating the issue please let me know your OS for us to investigate further. Have you tried to restart your phone and try to open the app again?

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I tried deleting app and downlink again

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

13.5.2. Is that OS number

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @RR12226, thank you for your reply. 

I appreciate your efforts and the additional details. Thank you for confirming that you're on OS 13.5.2. Have you tried to open the app from the App store? 

Keep me posted on the outcome. 

Best Answer

I tried to open from app store

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @RR12226, thank you for the update. 

I appreciate your efforts. I have forwarded your comments to our team and hope this issue will be resolved soon. I recommend to keep the app up-to-date as the updates come with new features and bug fixes. 

If there's anything else you might want to add or if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
Still not working. App screen is white when I open it. Is there a phone number for customer service! Wasn’t money purchasing watch

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Reach out to customer support. Their phone number is (877)623-4997 between the hours of 4am-8pm PST Mon-Fri, and 6am-5pm PST on weekends, if you're in the USA. The phone number to call from the UK is: 0800 069 8505. Operation hours: 9:00am - 6:00pm. If you're not in the USA or if you prefer an online chat or email, then click for contact options

Best Answer

Hi @RR12226, thank you for your reply. It's nice to see you around, @Odyssey13

@RR12226 I am sorry that you are going through this situation, I totally understand how you are feeling. I could see that you got in touch with our Support team about this and they're assisting you. I know they will be glad to investigate the issue and help in the best possible manner, please keep working with them. As a workaround at the moment, I suggest to open the Chrome on your iPhone and login to fitbit.com. 

@Odyssey13 thank you for your help!

I'll be around if you have any questions. 

Best Answer

I spoke to customer services yesterday about this concern. I was instructed to shut down the device, delete the app, close out the tabs, etc. when none of this solved the problem I was told that the problem would be resolved in about 4 hours. I went back this morning and nothings had been solve, it remained unable to open. I am using an iPad 7 gen. Can anyone explain why this app isn’t working. I don’t want to have to send back my NEW Fitbit. 

p.s. I’ve also checked many times for updates.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @4SamanthaM.

I am sorry to hear you're unable to open the Fitbit app on your iPad. Thanks for trying to resolve this  and providing the additional details. I totally understand how you are feeling and I am here to help you. Since you've been working with our Support team regarding this already, I've sent this information to them and they will be assisting you further since they have already all the details and special tools to continue helping you. Please keep an eye on your inbox. 

Meanwhile, if possible, please check if you can open the Fitbit app on another device.

I'll be around if you have any questions. 

Best Answer

The same thing is still happening to

me and it’s been weeks. Every few days I can get it to open for a few minutes but it takes me hours. I’ve updated the app to the latest version and I’m using the most up to date

ios as well. I’ve deleted, reinstalled, restarted my phone, tried opening from App Store. Nothing is helping and I’m getting tired of it too. I just want to use my fitbit but I’m so frustrated. Please fix the app ASAP

Best Answer
0 Votes

I called cutomer support. The person said to call back.  That was a joke because I got the next person and he had no clue what was happening.  I bought another FIT BIt thinking it was the device. It wan't it s the APP. Just hope I can return the new device! I'm Sick of it already!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your replies, @Emily418 @RR12226.

@RR12226 I am sorry to hear about your experience, thank you for posting the update here. I appreciate your time and feedback. I apologize for any inconvenience and hope you could give Fitbit another opportunity in the future.

@Emily418 thank you for joining the thread and sharing that you're experiencing the same issue. I am sorry to hear you are going through this situation. I appreciate your troubleshooting efforts and would like to confirm if you've tried to clear the Fitbit cache on your phone?

Looking forward to your response.

Best Answer
Any luck yet? I gave up

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes