Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 screen shuts down when setting up with iOS

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have figured out a problem .   Fitbit had sent me a replacement charge 3 as my original unit had some pixels going bad.  

I first replacement , I tried to setup the device by selecting  the replace feature during setup on my iPhone XR on iOS 13.  It said the charge 3 needed a software update so i let it update.  The minute I would remove the unit of the charger it would go blank.  

i called Fitbit tried to reset the unit several times and no success.  The charge 3 is basically dead unless it’s on the charger.  They sent me another unit.   Did the same procedure and the exact same problem occurred.  Then I thought this isn’t  a coincidence that 2 brand new units failed when I tried to set them up with the iPhone on iOS 13 using the replace method.  

I called Fitbit again and they sent me a third unit.  This time I used another phone (Android) to setup the unit because I was convinced that the software update process that is required to setup the new charge was part of the problem.  Sure enough this time it worked.  

im fairly sure I can repeat this process to cause any charge 3 to become unresponsive when not on the charger.    

My advice do not try to setup a charge 3 by using the replace device method while using an iPhone on ios13.  Fitbit please look into this issue.  

I am able to reconnect the Fitbit once updated by a non iOS phone.  To my iPhone. Just not able to perform the initial setup.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Basesloaded. Welcome to the Community Forums. I'm sorry for the delayed response.

Thanks for taking the time to research and share your findings about this issue. You did a good job while working on this situation and since the Charge 3 should be able to set up correctly when using an iPhone, I've gone ahead and escalated your details to the right team so the can investigate further. Once I receive more details, I'll update this thread.

If you continue having issues with your tracker or the iOS Fitbit app, feel free to reply back.

See you around.

Best Answer

Thanks, what is the outcome?  I feel that if I need to setup my device again using the iphone, it won't work.  

Seems to coincidental that 2 brand new replacement Charge 3 did not work following this method. 

Best Answer

Hi @Basesloaded. I'm glad to see you here again and I'm sorry for the delayed response.

Thanks for following up your question. Currently I don't have further details about what affected your original and replacement trackers, as well the behavior of the iOS Fitbit app when setting them up. Be sure that your feedback has been passed along so our team can investigating and evaluate this situation. If you continue having issues with your Charge 3 or the Fitbit app, don't hesitate to let me know so I can help you out.

Hope to see you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes