Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 stopped syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge 3 stopped syncing. Every day I have to turn my phone off and reboot. Sometimes more than once a day. And that only helps some of the time. When I turn the phone back on I often can’t get it to connect via bluetooth. It’s always a hit or miss. Getting really tired of doing this every single day. Any help would be sincerely appreciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

My I ask which phone model are we asking about? 

Have you checked the help docs

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'll bet if you contact support you'll be told that you have an incompatible device. They spent over an hour arguing with me that my phone can't work with any Fitbit despite the fact that it did until recently. I'm getting tired of the lies to delay warranty service.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That really sucks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Looks comparable to me? Screenshot_20190803-142539_Chrome.jpg

@Pincess I ask because there are steps users have discovered that help with one type of OS and not another type. 

I really don't want to mention 10 steps to try on android if the user has an iOS device. 

No while there is a list of tested phones that have been made to sync, there are many more phones that users have found to work, and often a search of the proper app forum with the phone model gives the answer needed. 

Also occasionally an app or phone update will cause sync issues with a particular phone model. A search of the forum will help with this also. 

As for iOS I can't really help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm aware of all of the steps, I've used them for momentary issues. The problem here is that my Fitbit doesn't currently do ANY of the things it's supposed to do and according to Fitbit it's a compatibility problem on my devices. Since it's only happened in the last two weeks or less I'm having trouble believing I need to replace my Motorola phone, my Samsung tablet and my partner's Samsung phone because they've ALL suddenly become incompatible with a demonstrably problematic Fitbit.

Support said this has nothing to do with my Fitbit. They did an update and every device I have is suddenly incompatible but it's not anything THEY did?!? Really??

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sounds more like a temporary issue. 

Make sure only one phone or iPad has its Bluetooth on at a time. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

If by "temporary" you mean "lasting more than three days", sure.

I prefer to think of thousands of people having the same problem as being "widespread"

Best Answer
0 Votes

From what I’m reading on several threads, it appears the Charger 3 is not a good tracker. I’m on my second one in one year’s time. The first one just stopped charging out of nowhere. It was only six months old. Fitbit sent me this one I have now as a replacement. And this one has issues. Seems Fitbit missed the mark on the Charger 3. I just want my money back so I can get a different tracker. Back to customer service. *sigh*

Best Answer
0 Votes

Maybe we should all go to the media instead of Fitbit directly. This is a big story and certainly someone will want to report on it.

Where did I put John Stossell's phone number? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge 3 has the wrong date July 4 2018. When I try to chat the say are you still there?then they hang up. All I want to do is try to reset my date.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try the usual stuff. Sync, sign out of your Fitbit account, restart your phone, sign in to your Fitbit account and then sync again. Most issues with incorrect information will resolve this way. Good luck 

Best Answer
Thanks I will try

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@zorahope @Pakalamott I'm sorry for the late response. However, I would like to follow up on the syncing issues that you guys are experiencing with your Charge 3 trackers and I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried before contacting our forums.

I totally understand how you guys feel about this and I appreciate your feedback and comments since this helps us to keep improving.

I'd like you to try the troubleshooting steps that are listed in this help article. This article may contain steps that you already tried but you can skip them and proceed with the rest. After this, sync your trackers and see if the issue gets fixed.

Thank you for your feedback and help guys @Pincess @Rich_Laue.

Keep me posted on the outcome! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes