Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 won't sync automatically

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have also been having this issue. 
I followed your suggestions, and ensured that the app in my phone was updated to the latest one (currently July 6, 2020) and for some reason there is not an option for "All-Day Sync"? 

I'm involved in challenges where they prefer it is synced continuously and I've been trying to figure this out so any insight as to why it's different for my Charge 3/app would be appreciated.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @UnicornAmerica. Welcome to the Community Forums.

Thanks for sharing that your Charge 3 isn't syncing automatically and for the steps tried prior posting. I understand how important it's to keep your details updated, so let me give you a hand. Just to confirm, may I know if you have other devices with the Bluetooth enabled nearby? Please make sure to turn off the Bluetooth from any phone, tablet or computer that is in the same room to avoid any interference when syncing your tracker.

That being said, let's try reconnecting your Charge 3 by doing the following:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings in your phone and forget the Charge 3 from the list.
  2. Double check if the Fitbit app continues being updated.
  3. Force quit the Fitbit app and reboot your phone.
  4. Restart your Charge 3 as described here.
  5. Open the Fitbit app and pull down on the screen to force a manual sync. This will re-establish the Bluetooth connection between your tracker and the Fitbit app.
  6. Your Charge 3 should now be able to sync automatically throughout the day as long as your tracker is next to your phone and the Bluetooth is enabled.

About your other question, I'd recommend to check this help article under "Why was the all-day sync option removed from the Fitbit app?" for more details about this feature.

By the way, I've moved your post to this new thread so you can have more chances to receive help from the Community.

Keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I believe that took that option away.  I  had it and then it like poof it’s gone.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Lorried. It's nice to see you around the forums.

Thanks for stopping by to help our members with their questions. Let me share that the option to turn off All-Day Sync option was removed from the Fitbit app with the intention of improving your experience when receiving notifications, syncing your data or updating a firmware version. Your Fitbit device will continue syncing as long as the Fitbit app is running in the background and your Fitbit is near your phone with the Bluetooth enabled.

I appreciate your feedback and I'll be around if you have more questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes