Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app keeps asking about location access

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

It started suddenly. Fitbit keep spamming "Location Access & Bluetooth Sharing" in my tablet everytime when i start Fitbit. I DID answer "No Thanks", but it wont remember my answer, spamming continue.

I tried to look all settings, but i cant find how to turn that completely off.

Fitbit only catch my sleep data so it wont drain my moba battery. It wont need my location or atleast the location is always my bed.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Hobi. It's good to see you here in the forums.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I see where you're coming from and I'm sorry that the Fitbit app continues showing this prompt despite your answer. Just to confirm, please double check if the Background App Refresh option for the Fitbit app is turned off. Also, may I know the model of your phone and OS/software version?

In the meantime, let me recommend to try the following steps:

1. Log out from the Fitbit app.
  2. Check if the Fitbit app is updated to the latest version.
  3. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  4. Reboot your phone.
  5. Open the Fitbit app and log back in to your account.

I'll be around, keep me posted.

Best Answer

You managed to fix it in that latest update! Thank You. 

Best Answer

Hi @Hobi. I hope you're doing well.

You're welcome and thanks to you for keeping me informed. I'm glad that the location access messages stopping being prompted after updating the Fitbit app. In case you have some spare time, I’d like to invite you to visit our Health & Wellness board. In there you can make new friends and share your success stories with other members. If there's anything else I can do for you, please let me know.

See you around! 😊

Best Answer