Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge HR IPad app gone!

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Today, when I tried to sync my Charge HR, the IPad app went black and then froze up.  I tried shutting down and restarting the IPad but that didn't help.  So I uninstalled the app.  When I tried to reinstall it, I couldn't find it at the App Store both under "purchases" and in a general search of the store.  My IPhone still has the app on it but it isn't syncing.  Is Fitbit doing some kind of update that I just got caught in or am I really messed up?  How can I get the app back on my iPad and working on my iPhone?  Thanks for your suggestions.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@StokerSue  To download the Fitbit App to your iPad, when in the App Store, be sure to change the search criteria to "Iphone Only" as there is not a specific app for the ipad - it uses the one for the iPhone.

In regards to syncing with your iPhone, it may still be connected to your ipad.  They can only sync to one device at a time.  Try turning off bluetooth on the iPad, then syncing on your iPhone.  (Then vise versa when wanting to change)

Hope that may help~

Kelly | Oklahoma
Alta HR, Blaze, Flex 2, Charge 2, Charge, and Aria * IPhone 7+

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

@StokerSue  To download the Fitbit App to your iPad, when in the App Store, be sure to change the search criteria to "Iphone Only" as there is not a specific app for the ipad - it uses the one for the iPhone.

In regards to syncing with your iPhone, it may still be connected to your ipad.  They can only sync to one device at a time.  Try turning off bluetooth on the iPad, then syncing on your iPhone.  (Then vise versa when wanting to change)

Hope that may help~

Kelly | Oklahoma
Alta HR, Blaze, Flex 2, Charge 2, Charge, and Aria * IPhone 7+

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your suggestion.  I finally found the app by going to the Fitbit store and then to its link to the App Store.  You are exactly right that the app says for iPhone but it also works with the iPad and other Apple devices.  Very kind of you to take the time to respond.

Best Answer

I cannot find the app for the original HR.  Only the HR2.   Otherwise an app for find your fitbit???

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @babs1950, thanks for joining us in the Community, welcome aboard! Smiley Happy

The Fitbit app is universal, meaning that it will work to sync your Charge HR as well as the Charge 2 and our other trackers, there's no specific app for each Fitbit tracker. Simply download it from the App Store on your phone or your iPad and you'll be able to sync your Charge HR. 

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

I called Fitbit support and they talked me through and the app appeared.  Turned the bluetooth on my ipad off and on,  in order to see the fitbit was not connected.  so, hit connect and fixed!

The number is 877 623-4997

Best Answer
0 Votes

Best thing to do is call Fitbit support.  877 623-4997   They are very helpful/

Best Answer
0 Votes