Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge HR showing an exclamation point on screen.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi guys, haven’t used my Charge HR for a while & can’t turn it on. The app tells me the battery is full but the Charge HR has a battery symbol with an exclamation mark inside. What does this mean? It’s been on the charger on & off for a couple of weeks now & nothing’s changed. I’ve tried removing it from my phone & setting it up again & I get the PIN number but can’t go any further. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Cheers 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

Hi @Kangasgirl. Have you tried restarting your Charge HR? Tap here for instructions. When restarting, make sure you see the Fitbit icon and a version number (e.g. "V30"). It may take a time or two. Your tracker should work normally after this. If not, contact Customer Support.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, thanks for yr reply. Yes I have tried this many times but I’m not seeing the Fitbit icon or version number. All I get is that the green lights flash a few times & then I see the pic of the battery with the exclamation mark inside. When I let the button go I see a full battery symbol. This is only when it’s plugged in, when I disconnect it I get nothing at all..no flashing lights & no symbols at all. Very frustrating 😣

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Kangasgirl, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. It's nice to see you too @SunsetRunner, thanks for all your help. Smiley Happy

@Kangasgirl, I have moved your post from the iOS board to the Charge HR board to keep the Community organized. I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. I would also like to thank you for letting us know the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. 

At this moment, if you're still seeing an exclamation point on the screen of your Charge HR, I would like to suggest you the following:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  2. Restart your phone. 
  3. Open the Fitbit app and try to set up your Charge HR again. 

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, thanks for yr suggestions. Tried all this & still nothing! Cheers

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Kangasgirl, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

Thanks for your patience and working through these troubleshooting steps. I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums, so I've contacted our Support team on your behalf to look into this issue further and provide you with some options. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for further instructions.

In case you need anything else, please feel free to reply as well. Happy stepping.

Best Answer
Hi, thank you so much for taking the time to help me. I’ll let you know if I have any success. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Kangasgirl, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. You're very welcome! Smiley Happy

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have exactly the same problem. Did you ever find a solution? I have tried everything suggested on this thread so far. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, I contacted Fitbit & even though it was older than 12 months they replaced it for me with the updated model. They were very helpful. Good luck
Kind regards
Sonya

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am facing the same issue as Kangasgirl! I didn't use my fitbit charge HR for a while and now it isn't turning on. Have been trying for few days and very disappointed for the screen is just displaying either a blank battery icon with an exclamation or fully charged battery icon again and again. Have tried out everything i could!

Best Answer

I am having the exact same trouble...Have you been able to figure it out?

Best Answer
0 Votes
No, it couldn’t be fixed. I contacted the company & they sent me a replacement even though it was over 12 months old & out of warranty. You should give that a go. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes