Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cheer notifications

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I keep getting “cheer” notifications after I have shut it off. I also uninstalled and reinstalled the app, signed in an out, tried to change it from the web browser, etc. I keep getting the notication though. As soon as I open the app or click on the notification, it’s like the app remembers that I have this shut off and they disappear. I’m on iPhone with the latest update and I have a Fitbit Blaze. This notification is so annoying lol. Because I have it shut off. I have also chatted with Fitbit on twitter and got nowehere. Thanks in advance! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Jennyc1979, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

Thanks for letting me know you have already unchecked this box. At this moment I would like to ask you to reset the setting by enabling it again, then save your settings. After that disable the check box again, and also disable the "Challenges" one as if this one is enabled you will receive cheers and taunts that come from a challenge. 

After disabling both boxes, save your settings again and check if this works. 

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @Jennyc1979, I hope you're doing well, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community! Smiley Happy

I understand your concern about the cheer notifications you're receiving and I understand you would like to stop receiving these notifications. In this case, please go to the Notification Settings on the online Dashboard and the "Cheers and Taunts" box (or all of the boxes) under Mobile.

InAppNotifications.PNG

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

As I said in my post, the notification is shut off.  I have also tried a bunch of other things to get these to stop and it keeps sending me the notification when someone cheers for anyone in any of the challenges I am in.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Jennyc1979, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

Thanks for letting me know you have already unchecked this box. At this moment I would like to ask you to reset the setting by enabling it again, then save your settings. After that disable the check box again, and also disable the "Challenges" one as if this one is enabled you will receive cheers and taunts that come from a challenge. 

After disabling both boxes, save your settings again and check if this works. 

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes!! This worked! I wasn’t aware that I had to have the one off for challenges too as this was the only time I get cheers. Thank for you the solution. This has been bugging me! 

Best Answer
0 Votes